Chapter 29: The Truth - Part 1

Start from the beginning

"What are you smiling at?" I asked him. He looked at me, mirth palpable in his eyes. This guy is so weird, I tell you.

"No I'm not." He replied while continuing to eat his pasta.

"What? You're smiling, dumbo." I told him with a blank stare. "And you look creepy, by the way."

Hannah smiled from across us and said, "Why don't the both of you just be a couple? You'd look cute together."

Chase and I looked at each other fleetingly. Hannah saying those words just remind me that Chase and I are currently fake dating for publicity. It's not the first time we've actually heard people say what Hannah said, but it kind of just wakes me up to reality when Hannah said it out loud.

"What?" I laughed.

She frowned at me. "What? Why are you laughing?"

Chase looked at me with his cheeks resting against his palm. "Yeah Ams. Why?"

I flushed beat read. "Nothing."

Hannah looked at me knowingly and gave me a smirk. "You have so much to tell me."

"What about?" I replied, ignoring Chase's curious stares.

She only smirked in reply.

I sighed. "Do you think Xander and Megan told Austin and Paige the truth before they left?" Hannah asked—thankfully dropping the subject we were currently talking about—but I just shrugged.

If you're wondering what's that about, then it really means that Xander and Megan left. They talked to me before they left, and they actually said sorry. Surprised? Yeah, that's not all. They said it genuinely and they actually said that they won't bother me anymore. They said that they're tired of taking revenge on me so they decided to stop.

I don't really know if I should believe them or not.

So here we are, not bothered by them anymore. Of course, they had to break up with Austin and Paige when they left, but they seemed to be expecting it because they were absolutely calm about it. I don't even know if they know the truth about Xander and Megan yet, considering the only person I told the truth about what happened is Chase.

"Way to change the subject, Han." I said.

"Why? Do you want to continue our talk about how there's so much you have to tell me?" She smirked and I glared at her.

"No need for that." She laughed. "But, to answer your query, I sure hope they did." I said.

"Well, what if they didn't?" Chase asked after he took a bite of his burger, the container of the pasta he was previously eating, disregarded on the side of his tray.

Hannah looked at him as she swallowed the food she just chewed. "Then that's obviously going to be a problem." She took another bite of her sandwich, chewing slowly as her gaze landed on me. "Right, Ams?"

I sighed, feeling Hannah and Chase's stare burning holes on my head. Hannah's definitely right about what she said. It would surely be a problem if Megan and Xander are lying, considering how they can somehow find a way to crawl back into our lives, bringing new problems to think about.

I think it's definitely safe to say that Megan and Xander are just problems in our lives. A big problem at that.

"Yeah, you're absolutely right." I replied.