• chapter seventeen ;

Start from the beginning

"T-Tzu. . ."

Chan didn't knew what exactly to do. His hyungs were drunk, and he was left out on the corner of the couch.

Honestly, Chan looks like those famous memes in the internet, sipping water while sitting on the edge of the sofa with legs crossed in a mannerly way. He closely listened to his hyungs' drunken conversation but it wasn't even mature enough to leave Chan out of the conversation — it was too simple and boring, so Chan decided to stop listening. After doing so, he heard another conversation near them — a conversation between girls. Although their voices were a bit muffled because of the loud music, Chan tried his best to clearly hear them and eavesdrop.

 "Tzuyu is taking too long, don't you think?"

"I was thinking the same, Chaeyoung."

"As expected of the best bros, me and Jungyeon." The girl who seemed to be Chaeyoung grinned wide.

"So now, what could've happened to that girl?" Asks a two-braided girl which Chan assumes is Dahyun.

"What if something might have happened to Tzuyu?" Another girl asks, which Chan guesses is Momo.

"We should not worry, guys."

"Nayeon, you're so positive." Comments a black haired girl.

"Mina, you didn't have to care about that." Nayeon shots back. "And also, Tzuyu is an independent girl, she can do anything on her own."

"Where did she go anyways?" The long haired girl who came from behind them asked, munching on foods which were obviously from the serving table. "I'm clueless, I'm sorry. All I did was hog the serving table."

"She went to the dorm to get something." Jihyo answers simply, taking a strawberry from the slice of cake Dahyun was holding in a plate.

Chan blinks, turning away from the conversation as he continues sipping on his water casually.

. . .

1 in the morning, on the dorm building.

The acquaintance party was nearly over — it was planned to be over at two o' clock.  Students that were underage, such as Chan, were sent to bed earlier at 12. Most people who were no longer underage sent themselves to sleep and go to bed, so not much people were left inside the party room. It was the loud music from the DJ section that made the aura inside the room more cheerful, brought up the feeling that there were still many presences.

"Hey, we should go to bed." Minghao nudges Junhui, his roommate.

"I want to go sleep now too," Junhui answers. "I'm exhausted from the performance I had."

Minghao looked at him, smiling. "You did great, Junhui. I might not have watched you perform the whole time because Wonwoo hyung called us to Hansol's case, but I know well you did great. I'll still watch you again though! I heard Kyla recorded everything. I believe she caught everything well, being the amazing videographer she is!"

"Minghao, it's okay to not watch me." Junhui replies. "Did you know, I missed a key — it was awful but Jieqiong didn't seem to notice."

Minghao pouts. "You're only saying that because you don't want me to watch you."

"Gosh, get a room, will you?" Jihoon huffs. "Minghao, don't forget I was with you when watching the performance."

The two Chinese boys still ignores the petite male who is now grumbling on his own spot.