We exchanged numbers and she stood up, leaving a fifty dollar bill on the table, "It was lovely to meet you, Ariel. I look forward to getting to know you more later." She said with a dazzling and kind smile before walking out of the restaurant.

I smiled to myself as I leaned back in my seat. I had gotten a job without really trying. Lucky me. Or so I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I went back home and told my parents about my luck. Then, I got a text from the woman, who introduced herself as Tessa, giving me her address.

We continued to text a little throughout the rest of the early afternoon, me asking about some of the things Clara liked to do, so I could come prepared.

Then two-thirty rolled around and I grabbed my supplies for the night, saying goodbye to my parents and heading out to my car, programming the address into my gps. When I pulled into the winding driveway to Tessa's house my eyes widened and jaw dropped.

Now, I'm not gonna lie, I have a pretty nice house. My parents are pretty well off, and we have a fairly large house. But, my house couldn't hold a candle to this one. It was three stories, and about a football field long. There was a four-car garage connected to the main foundation. I parked my car away from the doors of the garage, so anyone that needed to could get out.

I walked up the walkway to the double front doors and rang the doorbell. After a few seconds, a man opened the door. He looked to be in his late thirties or early forties. He had jet black hair and brown eyes. His face looked stern, like it was permanently stuck on his face.

"Ah, you must be...Ariel? The new babysitter?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded, "Yes sir." I answered.

He gave one nod of his head before stepping aside and letting me through the doors. I walked into the entryway and looked up at the high ceiling. You could see part of the second floor from a balcony with a staircase that led down to the entry way. There were doorways to both my right and left, and I followed the man to the right as he began walking away.

"Well I am Jason. I'm Clara's father." he said as he walked through the halls.

He led me into the ginormous kitchen with two refrigerators, two stovetops, two ovens, and one long island/breakfast bar, along with at least twenty different cabinets and cupboards. My eyes landed on Tessa, who was sitting at the island on her computer.

She looked up when we walked in and her face broke into a smile when she saw me, "Ariel! You're here!" She exclaimed.

I smiled as Jason sat next to his wife and they gestured for me to sit across from them. I put my bag down by my feet and hopped up onto the stool.

"What's in the bag?" He asked.

"Oh, um Tessa was saying that Clara liked to draw and that kind of stuff so I brought some of my sketchbooks, paint, brushes, and small canvases for her to paint." I said with a shrug.

Tessa smiled widely and Jason seemed content with my answer. "Alright. So this isn't an interview, but we do have a few questions to ask regarding scheduling, your school life, things like that. Don't be nervous or anything." Tessa said as she closed her laptop so she could turn her full attention to asking me these questions.

I nodded silently before she asked the first question, "Okay, so I told you that we go out most weekends. So we would need you on Friday nights, Saturday nights, and Sunday afternoons. Are you available those days?" She asked.

I nodded, "I can work my schedule around those days, yes." I said with a nod.

"Excellent. Now, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Jason and I don't get home until about six o'clock, and our son comes in and out so he isn't reliable to watch Clara, can you be available from three to six those days of the week?" She asked.