Chapter Thrity-Seven: The Getaway Trip

Birdie's POV
I looked in awe at the resort we were staying at in Santa Prisca (author note: for those that don't know, this is actually where Bane was born!) It looked gorgeous! I can't wait to just have a relaxing vacation with my family... and my uncles' quarrels are always entertaining too!

Honey's POV
I felt extremely jet lagged after we got there, so I decided to take a nap once I got to the hotel room. Aiden was nice enough to ask if I was ok and promised to get me a non-alcoholic Pina Colada, AKA my favorite drink! Sure, Aiden may seem rebellious, but in the end, he cares about his family-- despite him denying it.

Scarlett's POV
Janie, Alexa, Birdie and I decided to go down to the beach and swim in the water. Our parents are joining us, but they're just going to be chatting and lounging on the beach. Honey was sleeping in the hotel room because of jet lag, and the guys were hanging out in the bar area.

Selina's POV
I looked out into the distance at the ocean where Janie, Alexa, Birdie and Scarlett were playing and smiled. They looked like they were having fun! But then my eyes darted to a man with gray hair and a slim body. He looked familiar, but I couldn't place it. My thoughts were interrupted by a kiss on my cheek. I turned around and smiled when I saw Bruce holding my drink and his.
"Hey there, handsome." I said still smiling as I grabbed my drink and kissed him.
"What were you looking at?" Bruce asked me curiously as he sipped his own drink.
"That man over there. Does he look familiar to you?" I asked tilting my head in the man's direction. Bruce got closer, squinting his eyes.
"Maybe a little." Bruce admitted.
"Yeah. I think he might be Thomas." I explained turning back to my husband.
"Catman! Are you sure?" Bruce asked.
"Well, no. I'm not positive. But the man has a bit of similarity to him." I explain, leaning on the wooden stairwell and squinting my eyes to look at the man again. Seconds later Tim, Jason and Damien began to argue as Dick attempted to be peacemaker. I chuckled and rolled my eyes at the scene. Those boys never changed. I sensed Bruce was hesitating to go over.
"Go. I'm not going anywhere." I said turning my head to wink.

Janie's POV
The girls and I crashed on the couch in my family's hotel room and decided to watch some TV. A news report came on about a cat themed villain stealing from small jewelry shops in the area. As I was trying to figure out who it was, the door opened with a click and I saw my mom in the doorway.

Barbara's POV
"Did you see the news?" I asked my daughter and the girls.
"What news?" Birdie asked.
"The news about the jewel thief."
"Yeah. Why?" Janie inquired.
"Because, it's Catman. He was retired. Or so we thought." I explained.

Scarlett's POV
As soon as Aunt Babs says this, Uncle Dick burst through the door, and explained to my aunt where he had been located. He changed in the bathroom and then left, giving my aunt a kiss on the cheek and waving goodbye to us. Aunt Barbara let out a sigh, getting out her laptop and her Bluetooth speaker.
"Do you want us to help, Aunt Barbara?" Birdie offered.
"No, but thank you for the offer, Birdie!"
"Birdie, Scar, Alexa, Janie, are you girls in here?" Grandma called from the other side of the door while knocking.
"Yeah, we're in here, Grandma." I replied.
"I need you girls to come out here for a second!" Grandma replied walking away from the door. We shrugged and walked out of Janie and Alexa's hotel room.

Honey's POV
I came out my hotel room and was surprised to see Grandma and my cousins standing in the hallway, with Grandpa sitting in a chair behind Grandma.
"What's... going on?" I ask glancing around at everyone in the hallway.
"We don't know." Aiden explains as he turns to Grandma for an explanation.
"Catman is on the loose, somewhere. The question is where to find him. After thinking about this long and hard, I have decided-"
"We have decided." Grandpa said, interrupting Grandma. She sighed.
"Yes we! Anyway, we have decided that we will let you help us, by looking around the hotel for Catman." Grandma explained and we all got super excited, this was going to be great!! She gave us a description of what he looked like before adding: "Now, just be careful!" Grandma said with a warning glare and we all nodded. My grandparents have each other a look, but didn't say anything else.
"If you find anything, we'll be around!!" Grandpa added before we left.