~•Easter Short Story Special•~

*Found the pic of the eggs online.. don't know who made them... but they're amazing!!😍*

~Wayne Manor, 12:50 am~

Cosima's POV
Today is Easter and I'm celebrating it with my grandparents and my cousins! I have a dark blue Easter dress with white flowers on it, a dark blue bow and shiny dark blue shoes. I clutched my gifts with sweaty palms. A shadow loomed over me and I turned to see my mom' warm smile.
"You nervous?" She asks. I nod. Dad walks over to us and takes his hands out of his pockets.
"You'll be fine, sweetheart." Dad says putting his left hand on my shoulder and kissing my head. I nod again smiling as we go towards the door. I then turned towards the sound of someone running from behind me.
"Scar?" I asked in confusion as she continued to run towards the door panting.
"Sorry. I thought I'd be late!" She explained. She was wearing a simple red dress with a high collar and red sneakers.
"Scarlet Sandra Todd!!" Aunt Cass shouted from behind walking calmly up to us.
"I'm sorry mom, I don't want to be late!!"
"The least you could do is wait for us!" Aunt Cass replied as she became more angry.
"Oh, will you calm down! She's fine." Uncle Jason replied to Aunt Cass coming over to us. Aunt Cass sighed and looked at Scar again.
"I suppose." She muttered. Suddenly the door opened and Grandma appeared.
"Hi there!" She said putting on a smile.
"Hi Grandma!" Scar and I said.
"Hello Scar, Cosima!"
"You can come in." She said beckoning us and our parents to come inside.
"Anyone else here yet?" Mom asks curiously as Grandma shuts the door. Before she could answer my great-aunt Kate came in.
"Oh, you know, just little old me." She said with a push pin in her mouth. She placed into the wall to hold a streamer and then smiled at us and said hi to mom as they hugged.
"I hope we're not too early, Aunt Katie." Mom whispers to my great aunt.
"Don't worry, you're fine." Great-Aunt Kate replies looking at mom with affection.
"Hello?" We all turned to see my Great-Aunt Maggie said coming into the room.
"Oh! Hi! I almost forgot that they're were more people coming." She joked with a smile.
"You've been invited?" Mom asks. My great-aunt nods.
"I invited her." Grandma explains stepping forward.
"Wait, where's Bruce?" Aunt Cass asks.
"Busy, apparently." Grandma explains.
"We can get him if you want." Scar offers and I stare at her blinking.
"You mean YOU." I ask hopefully.
"No. I meant us." She replies blinking at me with confusion.
"Well that's... really.... sweet of you girls. Sure. He's downstairs!" Grandma explains as Scar grabs me by the wrist and we run off to the Batcave.

Cassandra's POV
"Why do you think Scar offered that?" I asked Selina.
"Hmm? Oh, well I don't know." She said distracted from trying to get everything organized.
"We're back!" My daughter says coming in.

Cosima's POV
We came up with Grandpa when the doorbell rang.
"I'll get it!" My Great-Aunt Kate offers as Grandma tilts her head up.
"Hi Kate!" A cherry voice says from the doorway that could only be Honey's. My great aunt smiles and gets out of the way to let Honey, Derrick, Adian, Carmen, Allen, Janie, Alexa, Birdie, Aunt Barbara, Uncle Dick, Aunt Helena, Uncle Daxton, Uncle Tim and Aunt Stephanie inside Wayne Manor. I smiled at them as they came in.
"Happy Easter!" Uncle Dick says cheerfully as we all greet each other.
"I have some bad news," Grandpa says his expression grim silencing our friendly banter, "Calendar Man has escaped."
"I thought I told you to not go down there!!" Grandma shouts at Grandpa. He turns to her and then they started arguing.

Birdie's POV
"Ok, mom, dad!! Calm down!" Mom says going over to our grandparents and they calm down as she says this.
"Mom, its fine. Besides, this is dad we're talking about! It's not like he's not going to check up on this stuff!" Mom points out slightly annoyed. Grandpa glances over at Scar scowling.
"Scar! Feet off the sofa. Now!" She pouts but does what he says.
"Well, I might as well put these gifts down." Cosima says putting her gifts down on the coffee table. They all start to leave when Uncle Tim asks Grandma something that I couldn't hear.

Selina's POV
"Hey, do you think they'll be ok?" I ask Selina in concern. I glance over at them curiously eyeing and picking up Cosima's gifts that were all wrapped in pink shiny wrapping paper.
"Why are you rubbing your hands?" Alexa asks in her useful harsh tone.
"Oh, because they were sweating from being so nervous." Cosima answers honestly and they all drop the presents except Scar who opens hers as they all glance at her noisily opening it.
"What? It's a present!" Scar exclaims and they tilt their heads in agreement grabbing the presents that they dropped. I smirk at them and then turn back to Tim.
"Trust me, they'll be fine." He nods.
"Alright." He says glancing at them and then runs off to meet the others.
"Aw! They look so cute together!" Someone gushes from behind me. I tilt my head around to Hope gushing over them as Maggie nods smiling. Daxton merely nods and goes into the kitchen to get a drink.

~Later, Dinner 2:30pm~

Bruce's POV
"Alright! I propose a toast!" Dick exclaims cheerfully holding up his glass.
"This should be good." Jason mutters to Cass and she merely laughs at him as he smiles.
"Anyway," Dick says slightly glaring at his brother, "I propose a toast to family and friends to have a happy Easter and of course that Calendar Man is now in jail." He says saying the last part quickly making everyone laugh. We all clink glasses and prepare to eat our feast.

Author's POV
Happy Easter, everyone! Sorry this took so long. I had family over earlier so I'm uploading this now at 10:03 at night.. in the dark (I have a slight fear of the dark so it's pretty scary! Luckily, I have the music that I used for this chapter playing in my headphones 😁) Also, first ever holiday themed chapter I've ever done! I once promised (didn't promise just thought about it) a Halloween chapter. At least HopeWayne thought it was a good idea! 😁
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!
Bye!
BatgirlGeek❤️