Chapter Thriteen: A Lover of Riddles (P2)

~Dance~

Robert's POV
"So you're the girl that my dad set me up with?" Poppy nods. I excuse myself to get a drink when I bump into someone.
"Oh! I'm- I'm so sorry!"
"No it's my fault... Lucy?"
"Robert? Hi!"
"You're at this dance too?"
"It- it's a fundraiser for an animal sanctuary. I thought it might be fun to go, and Scarlett made me." I nervously laughed.
"So you're here with Scarlett Todd?"
"And- and her dad." I nod.

(Lucy's POV)
Why am I so nervous around him?!
"So, are you here with someone?" I ask.
"Oh I'm with Poppy. St. Cloud." He says turning towards her. Aw! She's cute! She's way prettier than me! Wait? What? Why am I thinking that?!
"Well anyway I'm going to get some apple juice."
"O-ok." I say watching him leave.
"Heyyy!" I jump.
"Scar! Seriously?!" Scar just shurgs.

~Batcave~

Birdie's POV
"Why.. Do. Span. Dex... Have to BE SO TIGHT?!" I ask trying to get the stupid spandex (the lower half of my suit) on!
"I don't know..." Scar says raising an eyebrow.
"Uh! Got it!!! Ah!" I say falling on the ground. Derrick pulls me up and I put my mask on.
"All right let's go kick this idiots butt!" Luc says coming in with her costume.
"You look so cute!!"
"A jester costume, how ironic." Adian added. Lucy just shrugged as we left.
"Be careful!" Mom called out after us. This was going to be intresting. Our first time doing a mission alone.

~Riddler's Safehouse~

(Lucy's POV)
Here we are! A Safehouse! Of a PSYCHOPATH!! Ok Lucy. Just breath. *Creak!* OK DON'T BREATH!
"Well, well, well, if it isn't Lucy Quinn!" My eyes go wide and I freeze at the sight of Riddler's staff. Yep! Defiantly screwed!!

~Outside~

Robert's POV
"Please tell me you're joking!"
"I am not joking! I really did get an allergic reaction to dogs!"
"But there so cute! However, cat lovers are pretty cool." Poppy replies and I laugh.
"Well, uh, here we are.."
"Wait, Robert!"
"Yeah?"
"Who was that girl you were talking to at the dance?"
"Oh, uh, that's Lucy Quinn. She goes to my school, I mean our school."
"You like her don't you?" Poppy asks.
"Well I uhh... *Humph!*" I turn towards the noise in my house.
"You don't have to answer. Besides, I don't care. I don't want to go on these dates anyway."
"You don't?" I ask turning to face Poppy.
"Nope."
"Well what do you do then?"
"Tell my mom they weren't the right one. This was pretty interesting being with the son of a villian."
"Wait, you're a regular person?"
"Yes! My mom's just a socialite! Well anyway, see you around Robert." She says kissing my cheek and I blink.
"Relax! It's just for my mom to see! Bye!"
"Uh, bye!" I say laughing nervously and scratching my head. I turn around hearing the noise again. What have you done this time dad...

~Inside~

(Lucy's POV)
"Let me go, Nigma!!" I shout at Riddler.
"Shut up!!" He shouted back. I glared at him as I was tied up to a chair and a gun near my temples... If only Gotham had signed the "no guns policy" law a *little* faster, this wouldn't be a problem!
"Dad..." I hear someone say. No way...
"What is it?!" Riddler says enraged.
"D-dad just think about what you're doing... Please, let- let her go!" The shadow comes into the light and it's Robert! I remember before. Why didn't I notice!! Riddler's sidekick is Robert! Robert's last name isn't Xavier, it's Nigma!!
"I'm not! You're obsession with her is going to get you killed." Is he seriously referencing Mortal Combat at a time like this? (I don't play it but I watch video game tutorials and things about video games... That's not weird right?)
"You're wrong!" Robert replies.
"Too bad.. She's going to be dead at any- AHHH!!!" Riddler shouts in agony as his gun is shot right out of his hand with a Batarang. Oh! Thank Zeus-what can I say? I like Greek Mythology! Robert grabs his dad's staff and holds up near his father's face so he wouldn't move. Riddler looked at Robert with pleading eyes.
"You wouldn't hurt me would you son?" Robert didn't say anything.
"Well, well look at you Riddler. Defeated by a Batarang. I never thought that would be so simple!" Batman says coming in and untying me.
"I'm getting old and the criminal life isn't what it used to be..." Riddler muttered, "go ahead, turn me in..." He said bowing his head in shame. I go over to Robert and sit down next to him.
"You ok?" He shrugged.
"I don't know... Listen, I probably shouldn't have done that... But I, I really like you." He said turning towards me.
"I like you too... But let's take things slow." I say kissing his cheek.
"Ok..." I smiled at him. Nightwing was coming over and I left him to ask Robert some questions.

Robert's POV
"So, how did your father afford to pay for you to go to Gotham Academy?" Nightwing asked me.
"He didn't... Wayne Enterprises did... It was a charity find for kids who couldn't go to school in Gotham. My dad lied and said that we were very poor and starving... I'm sorry."
"You don't need to apologize." Nightwing replies.

~Batcave~

Helena's POV
"Listen just take a chance."
"You really think they're ready to join the team?"
"Look, Helena, I know that you never got an invite to join Young Justice team, but give them a chance!"
"Alright... I'll think about, thanks for the offer, Meghan." She nods smiling walking out the door.