chapter 23

Dawn POV

So this is the girl who took Carter from me.. they said we looked like twins.. I don't see any resemblance.

A man next to her comes running over to me. I know him.. where do I know him from?

He hugs me and whispers in my ear. "I missed you so much little sis."

I smile. Garret that's his name.. my brother's name. I look up and my eyes meet with the girl who stole my soulmate. She needs to die. She can't have him. I need him.

I see confusion in her eyes and smile. She will never see me coming.

I run over to her and pin her to the floor. This is too easy. I lift the knife in the air and just as I'm about to stab her, she kicks me in the stomach.

I groan. Well maybe she's is a fighter.

She pushes past me and goes straight to the living room doorway where Carter is standing. Hmm.. wonder how long he was standing there.

,.........

Cicily POV

He was going to let me die. I walk over to the doorway. Noone saw him but me. Carter wasn't going to intervene. How could he...

I look him in the eyes.. tears stinging my own. Then I slap him in the face.
An echo is heard throughout the house and everyone stops in their step.

I turn and angrily laugh. "Yes I just slapped the Vampire King. But you know what he deserved it!!"

I turn back around and look at him. His eyes looking at me with confusion, hurt, and shame.

"I'm sorry Cicily. I didn't react because I couldn't. I.. I didn't know what to do. I can't handle this.. it's too much. Dawn's alive, you're back. What am I suppose to do or say?!"

I sit down in the chair Dawn had been sitting on. "Let her kill me then.. apparently I'm just a second choice to you."

I laugh and get up. "Even better, I'll do it for you. But before I go.. maybe I can make this less painful for me."

I walk past Dawn and out the door. I turn and look Carter straight in the eyes. "I Cicily, Princess of the Werewolves reject you Carter, King of the Vampires as my mate and ... Friend."

I can feel the tears begin to fall on my face.. I'll just turn myself over to the hunters.. I have nothing else to live for.