chapter 14

GARRET POV

I begin to Hastily dial Carter's number .
"Come on Carter, pick up the phone. Come on!"

I dial again. The Werewolf King is pacing around. "Dangit! Carter answer the phone!!"

No answer. I kick the wall in frustration. Why can't people just live around me...

My last hope was through a text. I send the simplest one I can. Check the well.

I head outside with Cicily's dad right behind me. "Your a werewolf aren't you. Call for someone to go over there!!"

He shakes his head angrily. "I can't send a mind-link to any of my people to cross your border unless under an act of war."

I look at him frustrated. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!" I take a deep breath. "Your daughter could die if Carter doesn't get the text or calls. That.. that law of yours is more important than you daughter?!!"

He growls and grabs me by the neck, slamming me into the outside wall.
"You listen to me and you listen good bloodsucker.. I LOVE MY DAUGHTER MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER UNDERSTAND!!" His eyes begin to turn into a sinister darkness.

He suddenly drops me and drops to his knees. "It's forbidden for any King to go against the law for his own benefit or to retrieve his wife or daughter. She knows that and she will forgive me for it."

I think I saw a tear fall down his cheek but by the time he gets off the ground it's gone. "Please, y'all are the only hope for my baby girl.."
..........

CARTER POV
I look over at a tree and suddenly get jumped from behind by a couple of hunters.

I struggle to get them off. My phone begins to vibrate. It's Garret about the time I get out of my pocket and into my hand, a hunter slams to the ground and my phone goes sliding across the dirt and right into the creek.
"Shoot, I knew I should have gotten the waterproof phone." I mutter.

I grab the hunter's leg as he aims to kick me in the face. I snap his leg and he falls to the ground screaming.

The other puts me in a choke hold and I sling him over me and snap his neck.

These creatures just won't stop.

I reach down into the water and grab my dripping phone. It shows two missed calls and a text but before I can open it, the phone shuts off and stops working.

I throw it on the ground. "I hope it wasn't anything important.."