Aftermath

Thomas' finger hovered over the "enter button on his keyboard dramatically.

"Come on Thomas! Just one more click then hello success fame and fortune!" Roman practically danced from his corner of Thomas' living room. He no longer simply worse a plain white costume with red and gold additions: his whole outfit was now gold, still with his signature red sash, no white in sight.

After he had regained all his colour (and his hair), he had vowed to never be that colourness again.

"You have completed the project there is no use in delaying submission." sighed Logan, adjusting his glasses.

"I'm SO PROUD of you SON!" Patton squeezed, dancing on the spot.

"Not your son..." Thomas sang playfully.

"I dunno you guys..." Virgil sighed from the stairs. He recoiled a little under the gaze of the others. "Putting yourself out there like this...a lot could go wrong."

"That's true, Virgil." Thomas conceded. "Are you comfortable that we've assessed the possible risks and outcomes?" Logan asked.

Virgil swallowed. "Yes actually. You guys were very thorough." He paused for a bit.

"We understand Virgil." Patton said softly. "It was a hard process for everyone."

Several months had passed since Pitch had disintegrated. True to his word - he showed up every now and then. Never in human form, in the form of black sludge.

Logan now routinely strolled through the infospace, cleaning it up and disposing it. They would then have a casual talk about what may have caused it. There wasn't always something obvious, but they always enjoyed the chance to discuss things.

Roman kept an eye on the dreamscape - it being mostly back to normal. It took a while not to flinch at the sight of his subjects and he had completely remodeled the throne room, scrubbing any memory of what had happened there.

The meadow wasn't there. Roman guessed nothing would grow there even if he tried. Instead he left the barren patch of earth as a reminder.

It was humbling.

Patton kept an eye on the back of the mind.

Virgil would always double check the areas after the others had finished. They understood, and were grateful for it.

"Okay." Virgil mumbled. Roman punched his arm affectionately, but immediately regretted it.

"God, I'm so sorry Verge...I forgot - "

"Don't get your pantyhose in a twist Princey." Virgil smiled slightly. "It doesn't really hurt anymore."

Thomas smiled, then took a breath, and hit send.

With a whoosh his manuscript was sent out into the world of publishers.

"No matter what, it's my favourite book!" Patton said proudly, grinning and putting his hands theatrically on his hips.

"Well it is about us after all." Roman laughed. "Though I still think you should have left out the part about the hair and the glitter..."

"Gotta be honest Roman!" Thomas shrugged. Partly as a coping mechanism, and partly because writing it all down was an easier way for Thomas to communicate with his friends what exactly had happened to him over the past year...he had turned his story into a book. Maybe it could help someone else be a little more truthful with themselves.

His friends had rallied by his side, that day, and he would be forever grateful.

If they hadn't been there...