Chapter 1 :

M I S S
R O D R I G U E Z

Niklaus' POV :

5 YEARS LATER :

I wake up at exactly 7 in the morning , my usual time to wake up for the last 5 years after she left . I mean I was mentally healthy again , physically I was great but emotionally I could feel that I wasn't the same Christian I was before she left or should I say Niklaus ? I'm always working and going back home to eat and do more work . I've just made myself forget about everything else and keep my head in my job . I grab my tracksuit pants , sneakers and a shirt getting dressed .

This morning I decided on taking the longer route for some weird reason . It was usually a 30 minute jog to help me get my mind off of things and right now I was doing that . My earphones were playing music loudly while I ran fast till I could feel the sweat trickling down my back . I eventually found out what my dad had said to her on that evening and it made me want to kill him . Mom wasn't proud of his actions and took a break from him for a month so that he can sort himself out . Ever since that day him and I only speak when it has something to do with work but either than that him and I don't speak at all .

I run back into the house going straight into the shower to get the sweat off of my body . I shower and get dressed in black jeans , a black top , white sneakers and a leather jacket making my way downstairs to the kitchen so that I can eat before meeting Sydney .

"Good morning Christian ." Mama Becca greets with a plate of eggs , bacon , toast and cheese .

"Good morning Mama Becca . Thank you ." I say before indulging in my food .

As I stand up going to my bedroom I get a phone call from my sister Rebekka .

"Hey , you need to be quick because I'm about to drive ." I tell her getting my car keys and a few papers .

"Can you please come to the office before meeting with Syd . I need you to meet the head of design that's going to take over while I'm handling business in the States ." She says .

"Do I really have to meet her Bekka ?" I groan not in the mood .

"Yes , you do because you have to go to Rome for business so I suggest you get your ass here because I'm leaving tomorrow morning ." She hangs up making me roll my eyes .

I drive over to Grey going straight to the 50th floor with just my phone in my pocket . I impatiently tap on the elevator while it moves and I groan . Can this thing not move any faster ? The doors finally open and I make my way to my office .

"Mr White , aren't you supposed to be meeting Sydney ?" Anna my assistant asks .

"Please call her and let her know that I need to cancel for today but I'll see her tomorrow since Rebekka is leaving and I need to meet her with the head of design ." I tell her and she nods .

Sydney was working with another company but she was in charge of the project I was paying for in Rome . The head of design has to be there so that she can approve of the designs of the room or fix them up before they start designing them . I could tell that this is about to be an interesting meeting .

"Look at what the cat dragged in ." Rebekka says from behind my table with her feet on the desk .

"You're making my desk dirty with your shoes ." I sit down on a couch .