Who's Counting: Tsukishima Kei

School already sucked enough. But it was even worse when one of your closest friends didn't show up. Okay, so the term 'closest friend' wasn't exactly accurate. In fact, friends may have been stretching it... Let the record show the two of you were known to send flirty remarks back and forth throughout the day.

You got to school at the same time you normally do, gossiped with your friends on the school grounds, just went through your normal morning routine. Then, when it was 10 minutes until the first class of the day, you made it to your locker expecting to see Tsukishima, but he wasn't there. You sighed while changing your shoes; you had the perfect one-liner ready for him.

A frown was etched onto your lips as you searched out his closest friend. Certainly he'd know why the blond wasn't in today. When you finally spotted the familiar mop of olive hair, you made a beeline for him. Clamping your hand down on his shoulder you smiled at his friends.

"Do you guys mind if I take Yamaguchi away for a few minites?" Despite saying it like a question, the look you were giving his classmates made it clear you were going to anyways.

The students waved goodbye to him as he turned to look at you, "Can I help you with something, senpai?"

"Obviously. Otherwise I wouldn't have scared off your friends." It took all your strength to not roll your eyes. You wanted his help, not to make him irritated. "Where's our boy today?"

A look of understanding was on his face before being replaced with a smirk; it reeked of trouble. "Why? You miss him?"

Ignoring the blush on your face, you scoffed, "No, I'm just wondering where he is. That's all." Unfortunately, it didn't take an expert to tell you were lying. "Anyways, are you going to tell me or what?"

He snickered, causing you to roll your eyes. "Don't worry senpai," more laughter escaped him as he started walking to hi classroom. "Tsukki is at home sick. He wanted me to tell you to 'make sure you close your mouth, it's not an attractive look' when you hear the news."

Your jaw dropped. It stayed that way for a few seconds before slamming shut and flushed. That slimy bastard.

When the end of the day finally came, you forced Yamaguchi to give you the work Tsukishima missed for the day (there may have been some threats involved). There was no way you were letting him off the hook for earlier. God, you don't know why it made you so angry, but it did. Probably because you could imagine his smirk and the was his voice would drip with smugness while saying those words. Grabbing onto your sweater, you clenched your hand into a tight fist; at least you had a good comeback.

After knocking on his door and waiting a few minutes with no answer, you knocked again. There was some shouting from the other side before it was pulled open by (who you're assuming is) Tsukishima's brother. Rapidly recovering your composure, you gave him a toothy, innocent smile and a half bow.

"Hi, I'm your brother's senpai. I came by with the classwork he missed." wiggling the folder full of notes in front of your chest, you took tiny steps towards the house. The older male mumbled some things in confusion under his breath before fully opening the door for you.

As the two of you made it deeper into the house, he gestured towards the stairs and told you which room was his before going into the kitchen. While walking up the stairs you had to stop yourself from cackling; he was going to be so shocked. Finally at the top, you counted the doors on the right side of the hallway before your eyes landed on his.

Before continuing, you let some soft giggles escape you. Better now than outside his door. A grin on your face, you hurried to his door. You knocked twice before he called for you to come in. Schooling your features, you turned the handle.

His look of confusion when he first saw you almost had you losing your cool. If the goofy smile you wanted to give him appeared on your face, you would certainly end up being teased. Your victory was short lived when his face contorted as he started coughing into his elbow. This was the worst. How were you supposed to give him that lome now? He's sick. He can't handle that.

After handing him the glass of water from his desk, you remembered his notes. You gestured to the folder and made sure to be overly obvious as you placed it next to his computer; couldn't have him blame you for his shit grades.

"So," you spoke up, "you're actually sick?"

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, "No, I'm actually at a waterpark and you're seeing a clone." You snorted and sent him a glare. "Why'd you come?"

"I brought your classwork."

"Yamaguchi could have brought that to me easily." His eyes considered you heavily, "why dis you really come?"

You knew the answer to that question right away. Even on your way to his house you knew it. There was no way you would have take him his notes just to flirt with him (and so he would stay up in class).

"I missed you."

The simplisally of your answer had him taken aback. For as long as either of you could remember, your relationship had always been one as a cat and mouse; never up front with anything. His response was better than any he'd given before. No longer stopping that giddy smile to grace your lips you stepped closer to him so you could place your fingers together.

"That's it. I just missed you."

It was hard not to wince after you pressed a quick kiss to his forehead; he had a rotten fever. Your attempt proved to be unsuccessful when you pulled away and stuck your tongue out in disgust.

"Let's make a deal. As soon as my temperature goes away we can go on a date." His bluntness caught you off guard, causing you to blush.

Turning to the bowl of wet rags by his bed to hide your face, you started testing how cold each one was.

"Yeah, Kei. I'd like that."

He really got the best of you twice today. . . But for now, it was worth it.

-----

i have a confession to make,,, I haven't actually watched haikyuu all the way through yet. I get to a certain point and I become overly anxious/stimulated and  it gets so bad that I just have to: stop.

ALSO PLS PRACTICE PROPER HYGIENE AS WELL U CAN AND STAY SAFE OUT THERE TEAM