Socks and Sandals: Hinata Shoyo

hey guys. so these is going to be in second person. I think that will make it easier to write??? idk. but oh whale

i also didn't edit it

i hope u all like it

----

Never in your life did you think such an adorable person like Hinata Shoyo would make such a horrendous mistake. You weren't his girlfriend (yet), but the two of you were close enough to the point where you would hang out on the weekends... Hense how you knew about his fashion abomination.

The two of you were set to meet at the mall with your best friend and her boyfriend, Kenma (it shocked you that he was willing to leave his house), before leaving university to go home. Hinata took it upon himself to go pick you up at Tokyo so you wouldn't be lonely on the long bus ride back to Miyagi. Not only that but because of his volleyball skills, he managed to get a full ride scholarship at a school north of the one you attended.

Being you, you arrived at the shopping center half an hour early. Somehow, in your mind, you came to the conclusion that looking around beforehand would give you time to shop while waiting for the movie to begin. Just as you about to enter your favorite store, your phone started vibrating with a call. With a groan, you answered it without taking a look at the caller id.

"Moshi-moshi?" you hummed in a friendly tone.

"Hey!" the sound of Shoyo's voice instantly took the frown off your features. "I just got to the mall, where are you?" 

"Sho-chan! Ah, I'm at (Favorite Store). I'm so excited to see you." the smile that graced your lips only brightened as you looked through the dress rack?"

"Oh really? I'm just outside of that place." the line went dead after he said those words, yet the silence didn't last long, "(F/N)-chan!"

You put the dress that you were currently looking at down and turned to face him with a smile. While slipping your phone into a pocket you turn and face him. In seconds you were hugging him tightly. "Gah, you hardly visited me this semester."

Since high school, Hinata had grown slightly taller, but his muscular build remained, making it easy for him to sweep you off your feet and squeeze you. "I know, but now we have all summer to hang out and talk!" his attitude on life didn't waver either.

Once your feet were safely back on the ground, you pulled away from him, hands resting on his forearms. Not able to contain yourself, slender digits rushed up to pat his hair. A happy sigh confirmed what the smile on his lips meant. After finishing the small show of affection, you looked him up and down.

He looked amazing. He wore a thin long sleeved shirt that was grey on the bottom while the top and sleeves were maroon; it was easy to see his toned body through the shirt. For pants, he wore tan shorts. So far, you approved his outfit. Then you saw what was on his feet. Now, you didn't consider yourself a fashion expert, but you were majoring in clothing/fashion design.

"Oh no." you frowned and grabbed his hand to pull him out of the department store.

"What?" the redhead asked, clearly oblivious of his grave error.

"Shoyo," you picked up your speed, "I'm going to buy you some new shoes okay, and I need you to wear them."

He didn't understand why you were doing this for him, but he didn't mind. Not only were you fussing over him, but you were holding his hand. "Whats wrong with the shoes I have on?"

It was easier to ignore the question than to answer. With how dense the male could be, you would have to spell out what was wrong. After sending a text to your friend telling her to buy your tickets, you booked it to the nearest shoe department.

Ten minutes later, the volleyball star was groaning in annoyance. He kept whining and asking why he couldn't just wear his sandals, he was comfy in them.  After another five minutes, you found him a nice pair of Adidas, that happened to match the ones you were currently wearing.

"Whoa! (F/N). these are so cool!" he cried out in excitement once you left the store (you made sure he was wearing them out of the store of course). "But they were rather expensive. Are you sure you're okay with this?"

"Sho, I don't mind buying you things like this." you hummed out while lacing your fingers through his (with him happily complying, even giving your hand a squeeze). "Besides, what kind of friend would I be if I let you walk around as a fashion disaster?"

"Disaster?" he looked over and into your eyes. Then, he quickly mumbled something meant not for your ears, "I looked up the latest trend on what girls think is hot on guys even..." with his free hand he scratched his head in confusion.

"Trust me, you look fantastic." you placed your head on his shoulder and gave his hand a squeeze, "but I will never let you wear socks and sandals like that. That is like, social suicide."

A cheeky grin wiggled onto his face, "Then will you make sure that my outfits aren't a fashion disaster from now on?"

"Of course I will." the two of you came to a silent and mutual understanding: from this day on, you would be dating.

- extra -

When the theater came into your view, it wasn't hard to notice Kenma's dyed hair. His fingers were wrapped around (B/F/N)'s own as the two watched whatever was on his phone.

"Oi! Kenma!" Hinata exclaimed as you grew nearer. His hand shot into the air to give an overly eager wave to his fellow volleyball player.

This instantly caught the attention of your best friend, and she looked up with a smile. Her over analytical eyes didn't miss a beat. "Matching shoes, holding hands. God Kenma, these two are a cuter couple than we are. You never agree to do anything like this with me."

Instantly you looked down a blush on your cheeks. You didn't realise at the time, but you bought him the shoes you were wearing.

"Wow (F/N), I didn't even notice this! She just got me these shoes because I had socks with sandals. Apparently, that's a fashion mistake." oh no, why is he smiling?"

"Let's just go watch the movie." you tugged at his hand gently and brushed past the other couple.

Snickers followed you, "Oh god, thank goodness (F/N) didn't let him wear those for long. Talk about a mess."

----

the extra bit is hella extra. but i guess thats why it is extra????

i hope you guys liked it. i was just hit by inspiration bc my uncle was wearing socks and sandals earlier and made sure to flaunt about them in my presence.