Messy Handwriting: Nishinoya Yuu

this is going to be a soulmate au. i thought about it awhile ago and i didn't make it yet. 

---------

For your entire life your handwriting was the worst in the class. Your handwriting also matched no one else's in your grade. You had been dealing with this problem for ages. Yet, you had this feeling that you had seen your soulmate before. 

It is said that the  more feminine one of the relationship's handwriting matches their more masculine counterparts. And judging by how sloppy your penmanship was, it was no shocker that your mate was a male. You were positive that he went to Karasuno with you. Each time you walked down the halls you felt your heart pick up and your vision would go slightly red. He had to be here.

"(F/N)," your best friend whines out, "At least you know that you live near your soulmate." of course, she was talking about how her soul mate lived down where her summer house was. 

"But, (B/F/N), I don't even know who he is." with a sigh fall back onto the gym floor. This gym was where you went to eat; actually you would go there to skip class as well since the only team that used it was the volleyball team. 

"That doesn't mean anything!" she huffs out, "Once when you find out who he is then you will be able to see them every day and greet them happily. Maybe they'll be an athletic sports player! (F/N) you could have it set!" she shoved you softly with her foot.

But you hadn't heard a thing she said. It was sudden, but the pounding in your head signaled that your soulmate was closer than ever. You help but wonder if they were feeling this too. 

"Hello? (F/N)? Did you hear me?!" (b/f/n) basically screams out. 

Your heart skips a beat as the gym door gets pushed open and a voice calls out, "Oi! Who is in here?!" 

"D-don't worry about it!" you holler back, was that your soulmate? No, if it was him he would have been a mess. But he was nearby. 

(b/f/n) had known you long enough to see that the blush on your face wasn't from being caught. She quickly runs to the door and throws it open, showing a boy with a shaved head and a shorter one, (who was somehow still taller than you) with a little tuft of golden brown hair in the front. 

Once when your eyes met your mouth dropped. They were beautiful. His brown hues held pride, yet they were also soft like sand maybe. Staring at him made everything seem so clear, but at the same time so new, like you hadn't really been seeing things properly until now.

"Are you two just gonna stare at eachother?!" (b/f/n) groans out as she shoves you towards him. It was obvious to the bald stranger and her that you two were meant to be.

"K-K-Kon'nichiwa." you bow down to a stiff ninety degree angle. "I-I am (L/N) (F-F-F/N)!"

He laughed. He laughed at you saying your name. Did this mean he would reject you even though you were soulmates?!

"Y-you don't have to bow, (F/N)." he was testing out your first name. The way it sounded rolling off his tongue was music to your ears.

"Hai." your heart was still beating rapidly but as you stood and found his hand held towards yours you calmed down. Finally taking a good look at him, he was a second year. It made you happy to know that he was at your school. "Oh! Can I see your handwriting?"

"Oh um right." the baldy seemed amazed at how out of character his friend was being. It must be nice knowing who your soulmate was. "Do you have paper and a pen?"

Instantly you consulted your friend. She always had these things with her. Normally you would too but for some reason that wasn't the case today. With a cheesy grin she handed you the need materials that were soon shoved into your unnamed mate.

"You should write your name!" he grinned, liking that idea. Once he handed it back to you you couldn't help but blush again. "Nishinoya Yuu... can I call you Yuu-chan?"

"PLEase do!" his head nodded rapidly as he spat out his answer. "Oh, and (F/N), would you like to come to my volleyball practice?"

"I would love to."

- extended ending -

"(F/N)!! WATCH THIS MOVE!" Nishinoya asked for someone to serve the ball for him. "ROLLING THUNDER!" he calls out while rolling to save the ball.

"Ooooh! Yuu-chan that was amazing!" instantly you stood up and started clapping. The entire practice he has been showing off his skills and earning these amazing reactions. Each one made him think you were even more of a goddess than Kyoko.

"It's all in a days work." he stood all cool like, grin on his face and hands on his hips.

"Oi! Oi! Nishinoya if you don't stop goofing around you're going to get double the training menu!!" 

Instantly his face paled as he heard the threat. "Just wait till the end of practice and I'll walk you home!"

With that, he got serious, hoping the threat wouldn't be fulfilled.

"Don't worry, Nishinoya Yuu, I won't leave without you anytime soon." your fist was balled up in front of your heart and a smile on your face. Thank goodness for this libero.

------------

i thought of this a couple of weeks ago while i was complaining about how horrible my handwriting is. it is quite literally chicken scratch. i may be a girl but it is like a boys writing. 

i hope you enjoyed it! i will try and have updates for all my others stories too.

send in your requests and stuff!