32: Barbe-cuties

So it turns out that inviting Dante to Victoria Secret on Thursday afternoon was a mistake.

He asked if I wanted to be picked up and since Nicole and I went shopping, I asked him to come and collect me from here. Then in an attempt to make him feel uncomfortable, I asked him to help me pick out a bra. But since he gets way too invested in everything, he's helping me pick out multiple to take to college and Nicole is too busy laughing in the corner to help me herd him away and out of here. So now here I am, bra shopping with my boyfriend and best friend.

Honestly, I should've known this would happen.

"Kennedy? You like the colour gold, right?" He says, holding up one bra. I almost throw the red one he picked out for me back at him but settle for rolling my eyes and taking it from him. "What?"

"Why are you so good at this?"

A wicked smile comes on his face.  "My mom and sister used to bring me here when I was like five."

"What?"

He shrugs. "Anaya wanted a younger sister and by then Vic was too old to be pushed around. I went along with it because I thought it was fun and they always got me some twizzlers when we were done."

"You find this fun?"

"Am I not supposed to?"

Nicole bursts into laughter and I sigh into my pile of bras. A shop assistant looks at him longingly and I almost tell her to keep it moving.

"Thanks for all your help." I say, only slightly sarcastically.

"No problem, Slugger." He puts his hands on his hips with a silly grin on his face. Even though I don't want to, it makes me laugh and I shake my head at him before heading to the fitting room.

After subsequently spending enough money to open a small store, the three of us head outside to the parking lot.

"Hey, Nicole, are you busy? My mom's having a barbecue." Dante says, grinning. I think he's happy because all the bras he chose ended up fitting me. Either that or he's just in one of his ridiculous moods.

She puts on her cat eye sunglasses. "I don't know... I kind of wanna take a nap."

"A nap's always best after a meal though." I push a little. She sighs and folds her arms, thinking about it.

I do a little dance, trying to convince her some more. Tyler freaked me out last night by suggesting that the whole of Dante's family would probably be there and I would have to introduce myself as his girlfriend and all of them might hate me and et cetera. He really stresses me out for no reason.

"Fine, I'll come along."

I let out a cheer and continue my dance, slightly aware of the fact Dante is taking a video and there's a guy across the street staring at me. The three of us get into his car and make our way over to his house, chatting pretty much about nothing and everything.

Nicole gasps when we're pulling up on Dante's street.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"That's Max's car." She exclaims, pointing out of the window.

"Oh yeah, he's gonna be here." Dante says, oblivious to the panic brewing in his car. He parks on the side of the road and then checks on his growing beard in the rear view mirror. I'm dating a whole ass narcissist. "You don't mind, do you?"

"Of course not." She lowers her sunglasses to make a face at me. "I'm gonna get a head start, I've been third wheeling with the two of you for way too long now."