30: Disney Princess? Yeah, No.

Tyler insists on wearing my tiara all day on Saturday, also known as the anniversary of his birth. He comes into my room at like four am and since I'm way too sleep deprived to fight him on it, I get it out for him.

Sadly, I don't get to go back to sleep because apparently we have to leave super early to get to Disneyland.

"It's not going anywhere," I tell him, rubbing my eyes. It's six fifteen and I've already showered and dressed up due to his insistence. He's not letting me live. I'm not even allowed to have breakfast because apparently it'll ruin his master plan.

"Kennedy, as your favourite Disney prince –"

"My favourite Disney prince is Shang Li from Mulan." I say tiredly. "You're a Naveen at most,"

He seems taken back and the tiara shifts off his head. "Shang Li and not Prince Eric?"

"What? Shang Li can sing and he's cute? And he's totally pandasexual too, I mean, Mulan was pretending to be a guy and he was all over her! Legend!"

Tyler peers at me strangely. "Did you just say pandasexual?"

"Whaaat!" I roll my eyes and dismiss him, knowing that I probably did and I have to start fighting Nicole when she says things like that more because they seem to be sticking. "Anyway!" Prince Naveen is my third favourite after Eric."

"Uhm, okay." He adjusts his tiara. "I think we should get there with plenty of time to spare and time for everyone to buy my birthday present. I've already called everyone, Stacy and Nicole are coming here and we're going to pick Kyle and Russ up on the way over. Oh and Dante and Ben are coming too, by the way, but we're gonna drive down and get them."

"If all those people are going, why'd you ask me and tell me to bring my friends?"

"Because there's too much male energy! And Nicole said she thinks Kyle is cute and I should hook them up."

"But –"

"Also, Stacy said she wanted to come so there's that."

"Ty-"

"And you're coming because as your mom and my dad say, you're the mature one." He stretches, making the tiara shift again. "You're the type to bring an extra bottle of water just in case one of us is broke and dehydrated."

I lean against the breakfast table, completely fed up. At first when he said we were going to Disneyland, I was excited. I thought, shit, I could meet a princess, take a picture with Mickey Mouse, get some mouse ears and eat a hot dog but then I forgot that Tyler is completely insane.

"Ty, we're in Pasadena. It takes an hour to get to Disneyland from here, we can leave at eight and still get there before everyone else."

He folds his arms. "I am the birthday boy. I've planned this day to a T." He declares. "This eighteen year old knows how perfect today will go!"

You know what? "Okay. Fine, birthday boy, wake me up when everyone gets here." I say and stand up.

He grins. "Will do!"

The doorbell rings when I'm at the top of the stairs and I almost scream. Nicole and Stacy greet Tyler with a happy birthday and he bundles them into an uncomfortable hug. They see me sitting on the top of the stairs, looking raggedy and just give me a pitying glance. I take it, it's all I'm gonna get today.

After saying goodbye to our parents and convincing Jackie that I'll be back before his bedtime (he's gotten super clingy lately), we get into Stacy's car and drive down to Kyle's house. I seem to be the only one that's tired despite the fact it's barely seven on a Saturday. My friends are weird.