Moving on... another new start

Third Person POV.

The Eight stood in the door frame and watched with sad eyes. They all knew how she feels. They looked at the teenage girl who was the same age as them loose the only two people left in her life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nico 's POV.

"Don't cry for us. We lived a long and wonderful life. We got to watch you grow up. We all love you."

That was the last thing her grandmother said before she left.

The room was silent except for Pipers weeping.

' Crazy Girl. Why are YOU crying?'

Hazel started to walk up to the girl. But then stopped. She was talking.

"G-g" she choked out.

"GRAAAAMMMMM!!!!!!"

A huge blast of energy, golden energy burst through the room and the rest of the house. Almost too blinding to look at.

Almost.

I looked over and couldn't believe it.

The girl was completely covered with the golden light. Her (h/c) hair stood on end blanketed in pure gold. Her eyes gleamed with tears. Her steady screams filled the air with so much sadness and hurt even I could feel it.

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

The ground started to rumble and the room grew warmer as her shrieks grew louder.

'If this keeps up she'll kill us.'

I walked up to her until I was right in front of her face. I sat on my feet and grabbed her shoulder. The moment I did that she calapsed. Right on my chest. Everything stopped shaking and all the light collided with her as well like she absorbed it all.

Everyone ran over to the sleeping girl.

"All that power-" Frank said.

"Its incredible." Hazel finished.

I felt a stir in my chest and the girl sat up with new gold eyes full of tears. She shakly walked over to the drawer to grab the envelope and then walked by everyone else to get to the kitchen I guess.

"Excuse me." She said in a quiet, fragile voice and Leo moved out of her way.

As she walked away all of us watched her. They all looked scared. I mean I get it. She did look terrifying but that makes me more sure she's a nuisance like the rest of these guys.

"Huh. I'm gonna go help her." I sighed and left the room.

I followed the sound of clambering and found her sitting on the kitchen shelf pushing stuff out of the way to reach the jar way in the back. She struggled a little bit grabbed it and slid down, gracefully placing both her feet back on the ground. Something glinted when she moved though. Along with her now fading golden eyes she has gold threads in her (h/c) hair. Symbols of her power.

She emptied out the jar and out came a small roll of money. That she shoved into her pocket and turned around.

"Hey." I said.

" Hey. " She replied. Her back was still to me.

"...So..." I tried again.

" ...So? " She questioned putting everything back where it was. She was still barely listening.

" ...Okay, look I'm no good at talking or anything like that...and I'm not sure what this will mean anything to you or not but... I'm sorry. F-for...you know, your family and your home." She finally turned to face me. "They must have been everything to you. "

She was quiet for a second with her head down but then she looked up. S-she was smiling! And it was weird because it looked so, sincere.

"Don't apologise. She was right. There is nothing that could have been done. You saved me. So, I guess that makes you trustworthy right? Otherwise you would have just left me to be killed." She was quiet again. I could sense her pain but when I was about to ask her something else, she walked off into the hallway again.

" Let's go. Before the neighbors go nuts. " She said. And then she was gone.