Chapter Five

Kellin’s P.O.V.

My body felt extremely hot, and not in the good kind of way either. I felt weak like I was going to collapse any minute but I wouldn’t allow my body to do that. We had to go on stage in a couple in minutes and I needed to at least make it through this. The last song ended and the stage was getting set for Sleeping with Sirens. My stomach clenched. I folded over for a minute in pain.

“You ok, Kellin?” Jesse came over and put an arm around my shoulders, setting me up right again. I breathed in deeply before answering him.

“Yeah, just some nerves. I haven’t been feeling too well but I’ll get over it.” That was a total lie and Jesse knew it. I was sick and exhausted but I didn’t want to cancel. My voice wasn’t too bad bit if I didn’t get better soon I wouldn’t even be able to sing from how scratchy it might get. Jesse sighed and looked at me thoughtfully.

“When this is over you’re staying on our bus until you get better. No more sex since Vic’s keeping you up; you already don’t get enough sleep.”

“That’s not fair though!” I look at him helplessly.

“Then we’re going to steal you from Pierce the Veil.” I didn’t object since Jesse was giving me “the look”. I sighed in defeat and made my way on stage. Vic passed me on his way off stage, giving the fans a little extra show. He wrapped his arms around my waste and tipped me back before placing his lips gently over mine. I couldn’t resist putting wrapping my arms around him and tangling my fingers in his hair. After multiple pecks and lifted me back up and into his arms spinning us around. One arm, I was practically sitting on while the other was wrapped around my back so I didn’t fall off. I heard some awing and a blush filled my face. I nuzzled into Vic’s hair, trying to hide how embarrassed I was by Vic. He finally set me down feet after a minute.

“Please be careful.” He said seriously. I gave him a confused look. “Don’t push yourself to much, relax. I don’t want anything happening to you. Take it easy.” I nodded and pecked him on the lips. He squeezed me one last time before making his way off stage.

The show went pretty well. Through each song I could feel myself getting more tired. My body felt like it was being dragged around and my pep and energy were going down significantly compared to the others shows. At this point the guys knew I wasn’t in it and Justin came up to me multiple times trying to get me off stage before I collapsed.

As the last words rang out the stage went dark for dramatic effect before turning back on. I brought on the next band as we made our way off stage. Everything suddenly got blurry and bright. I stumbled along until I couldn’t take anymore. My hand flew to my head hoping that might help but it didn’t.  My stomach was churning and I felt like I was going to be sick.

The floor grew closer but at this point I was too tired to actually care. I was out before I even knew what was going on.

When I came to I was back on the bus resting on one of the couches. My vision was blurred for a moment before coming into focus on Vic. He was sitting on the other couch opposite of mine with his head in his hands and one leg bouncing while muttering something I couldn’t hear. I coughed to get his attention. When he didn’t move I got up, my legs a little wobbly, and made my way to him and touched his shoulder, finally getting his attention.

“OH my God, Kellin!” Vic gasped. “Why are you up? You need to be resting still.” He picked me up like a bride. I blushed as images of Vic and I getting married ran through my head but quickly dismissed the thoughts. He set me down on the couch and forced me to lie down. I forced him down next to me so I could lay my head in his lap. I snuggled into the couch and closed my eyes; maybe I could fall asleep.