The Siren's Song

My dreams as I slept were...erotic in nature. Mostly about the aliens I had encountered. And for some reason I liked it, loved it in fact. I think I may have started drooling because there was a wet spot next to my face when I woke up. I yawned and stretched my bare arms, my eyebrows knit in confusion.

(What's that sound?)

I looked towards the door and groaned as I crashed back down onto the bed.

(This is so boring. Geez, I think I prefer running from those things and fighting.)

I opened one eye and peered over at my suit of armor and trenchcoat. I shrugged and trudged over to gear up. Two minutes later I had my exploration gear ready and I unlocked the door. With a whoosh I found an eerily quiet hallway. Suddenly the sound echoed through the stairway doors and to my waiting ears. I turned on my claws and loaded a fresh clip into the pistol. I approached the door, opening it to again reveal nothing dangerous. I sighed in relief and stopped to listen for the noise. My eyes widened behind the mask as it echoed down to me again.

(That sounds like a human scream!)

I wasted no time locking thre doors and rushing up the stairs towards the source of the sound. I heard it again as I approached Level 2' s doorway. I slammed the green button and readied my pistol, using my shield as a kind of riot shield as I cleared the hallway. To my left I heard the scream and I rushed towards it, ignoring the fear that I might have to face the creatures again. I turned to my right and kept running, hoping I made it in time to save the person. I finally made it to the room where the noises were coming from and opened the door without hesitation. I was ready to shoot whatever was attacking the person, but instead found something that made my blood freeze in my viens.

(How did that get there?! And why does it sound so human!?)

In my sights was what appeared to be a trapped alien, only it's head and one arm free from the metal girders that looked like they had fallen on top of it. I looked up to see a sizable hole in the ceiling, exposing a ventilation system and a bunch of pipes and wires. I looked back at the creature and aimed at its rounded head. I didnt know what to do, but killing the thing sounded about right.

'I should end you right now vermin. You murdered dozens of my species...and now that I think about it i don't know why I didn't just headshot all of you!' I growled with a fury in my tone as I remembered how I had purposely wounded the monsters.

The thing screed out quietly at my words, and again I wondered if it could understand me. I shuffled on my feet as I debated what to do. But it was kind of hard not to want to help the thing with all its whimpering and screeing.

(God, why does it have to sound so...innocent!?)

I stamped my foot and closed my eyes as I prepared myself for the stupidest thing I had ever attempted to do. With a shaky hand I put the gun into the inner pocket of my coat and took a deep breathe as I turned off my claws. Then, taking one careful step at a time, I approached the trapped creature from the back. I looked at the situation and finally decided to first to begin lifting the two main girders off its body. Grunting with the effort I got the first one off, sliding it off to the side of the crew quarters room. I began working on the second one when the screeching creature got deadly quiet, like it was tensing up. I paused knowing that as soon as it was free I would have to fight my way out of the room. I turned on my claws, but before I removed the final girder I had a moment of panic.

(This thing has been crying out for help...Oh shit. Where are the others!? They would already be here, unless...)

Suddenly I felt the girder I was holding being lifted into the air as the alien freed itself, immediately going to block the door. I dropped the metal piece and put myself into a defensive stance. Suddenly I heard noises above and one thought went through my head as I looked at the alien coiling its tail to strike.