The Birthday Boy

{ Jacob's POV }

Happy Birthday to ME. Today is MY day. Finally I can basically do whatever I want. Finally I get the gifts and finally I can get out of the country. Well, I've been to Canada so I guess that last one doesn't really count, but...oh well. After Kimari left yesterday I told her to be ready by 5:00 so we could get on the plane on time. This is going to be so fun! I got released from the hospital a little after Kimari left. Walter and I were on our way to the airport when my phone rang the song ' The Ballad Of Mona Lisa' by Panic! At The Disco. Not a lot of people know them, but what can I say? That just my punk-rock life. I looked at the caller ID. Damn it.

" Hey Keisha.", I said a little bitter.

" How far are you and Walter from the airport?", is that really the first thing she says to me on my BIRTHDAY?

" I don't know, probably like 10 minutes."

" Okay well we're here."

" Okay."

Then I hung up. I wish I would tell Keisha I invited people to come to Europe with us. But I guess I'm gonna have to tell somebody.

" Hey Walter.", I said feeling a little -okay really- nervous. What would he say about this?

" Yeah."

" I uh...told some people- I mean friends- really,really...really good friends..."

" Spit it out Princeton."

" Okay I told some friends that they could come to Europe with us.", I quickly said. I felt the car halt to a stop.

" You what?!", Walter said while looking at me. I was in the passenger seat.

" I didn't think it'd be a problem, I mean it is MY birthday.", I said trying to sound casual. He sighed. Damn it Walter, you're usually the cool, laid-back one.

" That's just it."

" What?"

" It's not going to a problem with me, honestly you can invite as many people as you want as long as it keeps you from annoying me.", at least he's being honest with me. " Keisha is the one that's gonna be pissed off.", True.

" You think you can talk to her.", he started driving again. " Please this is a time I really need you.", I begged.

" Oh really? Like the time with Erica? Or is like with the surfer in Florida? What was her name?"

" Hazel.", Yeah I have a past with many girlfriends...but that doesn't make it okay for him to bring them up...especially now.

" Yeah her. Oh but what about the cheerleaders Sabrina, Miryacle and Belinda?", this is really making me mad. We'll pulled to a stop in front of the Akron Canton Airport.

" No actually it isn't. I really like this girl.", I saw Kimari at the receptionist desk through the windows. I didn't see Cindy though. Then she picked up Leda out of the car seat. Walter looked in my direction.

" Her?"

" Yes."

" The one with the baby?", he said pointing to Kimari.

" Yeah...that's her daughter.", I said before he asked the 'is that her little sister' question.

" Oh.", he said while taking the key out of the ignition. " You must really like her if you're willing to put up with her... baggage."

" I do... and that's why I need you to talk to Keisha. She won't listen if I ask her...but if you ask she'll at least consider it.", sighed.

" Okay... but I'm not making any promises she'll say yes."

" Thanks.", I said while giving him some dap. I reached in the back and grabbed my crutches. I got my cast off but the docter said not to keep a lot of weight on it. I didn't really need the crutches, but they make people feel sympathetic for me. Hey we all have a bit of selfishness in us. I got out and walked inside. I quietly walked behind Kimari and put my hands over her eyes.

" Guess who.", I said.

" I know your voice Jacob.", she while giggling a little. That was kinda dumb of me to talk. I took my hands away from her eyes and kissed her on the cheek in a place close to her lips. She looked surprised, but didn't say anything. I've always felt lucky on my birthday, so I might as well use it to my advantage. I sat down next to her.

" So...where's Cindy?"

"  She couldn't come."

" Why?"

" She had to go to school this week."

" Aye Prince!", I looked over and say Ray, Roc and Prod. I got up and walked over to them. I saw Ray staring at Kimari.

" Glue your eyes somewhere else, will you?"

" Well I'm sorry if I can't help but notice pretty girls.", he said while stealing a glance at Kimari. " I see she brought her little sister."

" That's her daughter."

" Daughter? What do you mean daughter?", Roc said.

" Never mind, you can keep her.", Ray said looking serious as ever.

" See when a boy and girl get together-"

" I already know the 'how' but why?", Roc said. I shrugged my shoulders. I wanna know why too. " Anyway Keisha said to hurry up before the plane leaves you and what's her face."

" Her names Kimari and Keisha said she could come?"

" Ghetto name.", Prod coughed. Everyone thinks he's all nice and quiet. The quiet parts right, but he's actually really rude when he wants to be.

" Whatever.", I said while walking to get Kimari. So I'm going to Europe with Kimari and Leda. What more could I ask for?