Ch.8 Bad news

Lapis' POV:
It's been a year going on to 2 years since we moved to the barn. Me and Peridot get along with each other and we're dating. Malachite has a lot of new friends. I'm in the barn watching tv and Peridot has to talk to me about something important.

"Jasper is corrupt and I poofed her." "What!?" I said with shock. "Now she's in the temple!" Peridot panicked. How am I supposed to tell Malachite? I thought to myself. I ran to Steven to get the full story. I asked Steven what happened to Jasper and he told me everything.

I evened asked Smoky Quartz and she told me she won a fight with Jasper using her yo-yos. I asked if I could fly to temple and find Jasper's bubble. Steven and Peridot tagged along.

Malachite's POV:
Alexandrite and I made small stick figures and I wanted to show Mommy, but i couldn't find her anywhere. I walked up to Amethyst and told her that I couldn't find my Mommy and I started to freak out.

"Its okay little green Jasper. Your mommy will be back soon. Right now you can hang out with us." Amethyst said. "Do you want to hang out with me?" Asked Opal. "Yeah. Can Alexandrite join to?" I asked. "Sure." Opal grabbed her energy bow and shot an arrow.

I flew to catch it and she kept shooting arrows and I caught them. I flew to Alexandrite and she breathed fire on the tips then she threw them up in the air. The arrows exploded, making them look like fireworks.

Lapis' POV:
The three of us are in temple specifically the burn room. I found Jasper's gem in a bubble and I hold the bubble in my hands. I remember all of the horrible and the awesome memories of .... us. My face is saddened by this.

"We should probably put the bubble back." Steven panicked. "No...... Malachite deserves to know the truth. I can't keep hiding this from her. If she finds out that I've been lying to her, it's going to hurt her." I say.

I give the bubble to Steven to hold. "Let's go." I say then the three of us flew back to the barn. Malachite saw me and ran up to me to give me a hug. "Mommy look at what we can do!" Malachite jumped with excitement.

She showed me what she can do. "I need to talk to you for a minute." I said. I led Malachite to the barn and showed her the bubble. "Mama?" Malachite asked. I nod my head. "She's not coming back is she?" "I'm sorry." I said in a sorrow voice.

She hugged me and started crying. "I know how much you miss her." A few tears slid down my face. "I know she's not here with us anymore, but she's still here. In that bubble." Malachite said with a small smile.

I let bubble rise in the air and I watched Malachite walk back outside and I followed her, but not before doing one last thing. I flew in the air and placed a tiny kiss on the Rose bubble then I flew outside with everyone else.