Ch.4 Let Go

Lapis' POV:
I can't sleep. I want to stay with Jasper, but I know it's unhealthy. I sneak out of bed and grab everything that's mine including Malachite. I leave a note for Jasper.

Before I fly out of the ocean with Malachite I look back at Jasper, trying my best not to shed a tear. Then flight takes off.

I fly out of the ocean and fly into Steven's barn. I set Malachite down in an old box with blankets in it. Then Malachite wakes up. "Mommy?" I hear then look down at Malachite. "Yes  Malay (nickname)?" I respond. Malachite looks around. "Where's Mama?" "She's....She's not here." I hesitate.

"Is she coming?" Malachite asks. "No....Not this time." I say trying to hold back tears. I put a blanket over Malachite's body and kiss her forehead. Malachite fell asleep fast.

I fly out of the barn and sit on the roof of the barn. I stare at the moon and tears start falling out of my eyes. I wipe my eyes and wonder 'I'm not entirely here. Half of me has disappeared without you.'

I fly into the barn and see Malachite sound asleep. A smile creeps on my face. I found a few rags and I lay down on the rags. I slowly close my eyes and think to myself 'Everything will be okay.' Before falling asleep.