First Harmonics Competition

Okay, so I'll go through everything that happened.

6:15-8:00- I woke up and got ready to head to school by 8:00

8:00-9:00- We had last minute rehearsal and packed everything up on the bus for competition.

10:15- We arrived at the competition site (not saying where) and went to our home room

10:20-12:30- Got hair and makeup done and had breaks for smoothies in between.

12:30-1:00- Lunch

1:00-2:00- Final touch ups and got our costumes on.

2:00-3:00- Some warm ups and set up the stage.

3:05-3:30- We performed. There were a few mishaps involving our costume change, but it's always a hot mess. We did good either way and everyone felt really good about it.

3:30-4:00- A critiquing with a judge for finals. He said we had by far an amazing show, but there were some small changes we could do to improve, like any other thing.

4:00-6:00- Hanging out, watched other shows, and tried to win the Spirit Award (that never happens, but we had fun anyways.

6:00-6:15- Had a small snack to hold us over for finals.

6:30- Awards: This was our highest and lowest point all day. First with the smaller awards. We won the best costume award (two time champion) and the Brain Freeze Award (eight time champions baby!!!!) which is who buys the most smoothies throughout the day. Then came time for who made it to finals. The top three were called right away, and we expected them to make it, they were really good. Then the order was drawn from a hat. And something happened that no one ever expected.

We didn't make finals. We never ever not make finals where we were. It was a huge blow and a slap in the face, especially since we're one week away from the competition on our biggest rivals doorstep. Everyone was devastated, but we held our heads high and went back to the home room to pack everything up. Even our directors were upset. They watched every single show and told us, they would've placed us in third or fourth place. Never in a million years did they think we would place at all. They talked with an official after awards and they offered for them to talk to the judges, but they declined. They told them something they never thought they would say, "The judges screwed up." It was rough guys for every single one of us. We don't even want to open the packet the judges sent us. We packed things up and love was spread around. I don't think our team bonded that much before. It was a win and a loss, but we will rise above it.

7:15-8:15- We drove to McDonalds and had some supper.

8:15-9:00- We got back to school and packed everything away.

9:30- Went home and talked with my family and they agreed with everything our directors said.

10:30- Tried roleplay, everyone was asleep. Watched YouTube and chatted with friends from Harmonics.

11:30- Went to bed

Life in Harmonics is so amazing and we will take everything we do with pride. We will go to competition next Saturday and kick butt, no matter what place we take. Get ready, because Harmonics will perform like we never did before.

Love you all

Rachel the Short Potato Daae