Super Show

Harmonics Super Show 2017...

OMI IT WAS AMAZING!!!!

So first we had room decorating. My group had a party theme and listened to High School Musical. While doing so, Emmalia, our aggressive alto, asked me how I was feeling about my first show. I told her I felt excited, happy, confident, and passion for what we are performing. She told me what a senior at the time she was a freshman, which was two years ago.
"Remember how you feel in this moment, the day it all starts. You won't feel the same way when you're in any other show."

In a way, it's so true. The 4:00 show felt so different compared to the 8:00 show. More on that later...

Rehearsals: We rehearsed in our costumes for the first time! The only thing that didn't go well was when my partner and I were doing the lift for, 'Back in Time,' my partner's arms slipped, almost dropping me. We got that resolved before the performance though.

Then after a lunch break, hair and makeup became us girl's and guy's (yeah guys had to wear, foundation, blush, and guy liner) thing for three hours. Us girls had to wear foundation that was a shade darker than our natural skin tone, bronzer, highlighter, blush, eyelash primer, mascara, metallic gold eyeshadow for our lids, a bronze esc eyeshadow for our creases, flash eyelashes, and red lipstick. For hair we either had to crimp or curl our hair after putting the top in a little braid to add more volume.

After that we hosted the other show choirs, there were six, including mine, in total. Now, apparently  the show choir I was hosting, loved our Harmonics group, so it felt very honorable to be a part of that.

Then came the 4:00 show. The show choirs all performed with two spotlight acts in between. We perform last since we host every year. It was so much fun!!! I can't believe how amazing everyone was. The energy was over our heads and just, overall we were amazing!

Then more break of food, then touch ups with makeup and hair.

The 8:00 show rolled around, and that was fun too. People from other show choirs we compete against were there too! I thinks we scared them a little. We aren't here to play, we're here to win state!

Finally at 10:30, central USA time,we broke down risers, cleaned up rooms, and went hoe, where I, now writing to you all at 11:27.

Doesn't this costume remind you of something? So it's a black, velvet jumpsuit with sequins on the sleeves with mesh and a red velvet scarf, all connected

Doesn't this costume remind you of something? So it's a black, velvet jumpsuit with sequins on the sleeves with mesh and a red velvet scarf, all connected. The belt in sequins and a rhinestone belt buckle. We had to wear corsets, as well as the three inch heals.

Note: Today is the best day of my high school career life!

Luv ya,

A very happy and tired Rachel the Short Potato Daae