Jekyll and Hyde

Newest musical obsession about the split personality himself. Dr. Henry Jekyll and Mr. Edward Hyde. Dr. Jekyll is a doctor who wanted to try an experiment, but was turned down by the board when they realized this could help the poor. And like he said, they're hypocrites! So he does the experiment on himself, as thus Edward Hyde comes to be. Many murders later... I'm not going to spoil anything else besides our two leading ladies.

Emma: Jekyll's fiancée and a member upper class. She was very sweet and gentle soul, who understands that Jekyll needs to work, and doesn't disturb him. She's such a cinnamon roll!

Lucy: One of my dream roles as of now. She lives in the slums of London as a dancer/prostitute at the bar The Red Rat. She meets Jekyll and she has a school girl crush on him. She kisses him in Act I and I start shipping what I shouldn't. Lucy then becomes Hyde's prey. He takes advantage of her and threatens her. It's his way of feeling powerful. I won't get too into it, or I'll spoil.

My absolute favorite songs are listed below. The videos are of a live production from a performing arts school.

No One Knows Who I Am & Good and Evil, this is the introduction to Lucy's character and who she is.

Murder, Murder, title says it all. Don't watch if you're sensitive about witnessing death, because there's like four or five in this song on its own.

In His Eyes, the duet between Lucy and Emma. They can see how Jekyll/Hyde is cruel and isn't as loving as he should be, but they won't leave him, because they love him. It's really touching, and also fun fact. I'm singing this song and portraying as Lucy for my solo/ensemble festival this spring.

Dangerous Game, need I say more. Amazing song, beautiful conflicting emotions, jut eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

A New Life, when Lucy is contemplating starting fresh, away from Hyde. It's a beautiful song with a topic you can relate to.

Again, I highly recommend this musical!!! The story is amazing, the characters relatable, the music enchanting. See you all later!