Phantom

As you can tell by my user name I absolutely love Phantom of the Opera and Love Never Dies. People tell me I have an obsession, but it's called being a fangirl. I love everything about it, from the costumes, to the sets, to the music, and the story. I'm on team Eristine, though when I first watched POTO, I was a Raoul X Christine shipper. I sometimes bounce back and forth between the two. I don't know, both of them have their negative and positive traits, but I'm always a sucker for love stories that fight against discrimination by either looks, gender, race, religion, etc. these stories are the best kind in my opinion. That's why I lean more towards Eristine, though Raoul being with Christine is all fine and dandy.

I have wanted to play the role of Christine Daae since I was eleven years old. I loved her voice and have worked hard to keep a light, airy, yet emotional soprano voice. It has paid off because now I can finally hit a high E (I falter, which is the next goal) I was originally introduced to POTO when my high school's wire choir (when people dance and play string instruments at the same time) had the theme of POTO when I was in kindergarten. I fell in love with the music, yet I didn't understand the mask (I was only five and they never gave a background on what Phantom was) I was told by one of my classmates that he wore it because he didn't have a face. He or she was correct in a sense.

Also, don't hate me, but I love the 2004 movie. It was the first way I watched Phantom so it has a special place in my heart. Also, what's with all the hate with Gerald Butler? He actually does a great job in my opinion as portraying the Phantom. True his voice doesn't match along the scale of Ramin, but it doesn't matter if he hit the notes incorrectly sometimes, he has passion and emotion as well, which is key. Does this mean I prefer it over the stage production, no, I love both equally and would like to see your opinions in the comments.

Sorry, sorry had to do a tangent there.

Also I don't understand why people in the musical have an issue with his face. I mean true the time period the musical was set in, it was probably not as common for there being having a deformed man walking around. Honestly there are worst things. I've watched enough medical shows to know that there are a lot of this that are worse such as a grenade stuck in your torso that could still explode, having to risk your life to save you and a little girl from a perv by killing him (that's the most violent Greys Anatomy episode if I've ever seen one), et cetera.

Oh and today I have to go to the dentist. Great, more people touching the inside of my mouth. 😖😒But the good news is that my braces are coming off in a few months.😃

Luv ya,

Rachel the Short Potato Daae