13: Toilet Sanctuary

"Can you hurry up?" My sister banged on the toilet door of our hotel room.

We were staying in a villa in one of the hotels in Phuket, Thailand where the bathroom was an open concept. The toilet was airy and it was designed in such a way that basically anyone in the bathroom could just peep in from the top of the toilet. We reckoned it was meant for romantic honeymooners so we decided to spoil ourselves with an upgrade.

"I'm not done," I lied as I scrolled through my social media feed.

It was really comfortable. I could hear crickets singing in the background too. It was perfect ambience to take a dump in.

"You've been marinating in your own sh*t for the past 20 minutes. Other people also need to make their own pile of crap," my sister whined.

I could feel some water droplets raining down on me. My sister knew I hated that. She had most likely took some water from the sink in a cup and sprinkled some water onto me from the top of the toilet.

"Oi!" I scolded her and I could hear her chuckling away.

*****

Five minutes later, I could feel more water being sprinkled from above. I hated getting wet.

"Hurry up!" I could hear the irritation in my sister's voice.

But this time I really was not finished. More crap decided to slide their way out. Too much information? That's how shit happens. Embrace it.

"Okay, okay! 5 more minutes!" I grunted.

Not even a minute in, I could feel more water being splashed onto me.

"Oi!" I shouted. "Can you stop doing that?"

"Doing what?" I heard my sister called out from the bedroom.

I looked up hesitantly and discovered a figure with long and messy hair perched at the top corner, its long slithering tongue, wet. Its saliva was dripping onto my face.