11: Room 309

A/N: Trigger Warning - This chapter contains a suicide scene.

*************************

"The card doesn't work," I mumbled as I tried to swipe it again through the card slot at the door of our hotel room.

"What? No! I need to pee!" Rita complained as she squeezed her legs together.

"Just use the restroom at the hotel's reception or something," I mumbled.

Maybe I need to swipe it slower.

"Ugh!" I could hear my friend running towards the elevator behind me.

Why doesn't it work?!

Cursing under my breath, I banged my fist against the door.

I was shocked when a hand appeared out of nowhere and turned the doorknob, making the door creak.

"Card not working," the frail woman spoke in a thick Thai accent.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Her black hair tinged with light strands of gray, was wrapped in a polished bun. She wore what I recognised as the uniform of the concierge at the hotel lobby.

Strange. I did just that earlier and the door refused to open. Maybe there was a hidden technique?

I saw another staff approached us. It was the lady that served me at the counter. She had just appeared from the corner of the hallway but she bowed her head downwards in fright when she saw us. In her hand, held another card key. She turned and walked away hurriedly when this woman in front of me looked her way. It was then that I realised that the concierge's uniform was sapphire blue and the colour of this lady's uniform in front of me was emerald green. Her badge only stated characters in Thai.

It could be a name. It could be a title. I cannot know for sure.

"May I know your name?" I asked.

"Supervisor," she bowed her head down slightly.

I thanked her in Thai, pleased that I know a phrase in their native language, "*Kob kun mak mak ka."

A/N: *Kob kun mak mak ka - Thank you very much. (Thai - female speaker.)

She turned around to face me and she nodded slightly, "*Mai bpen rai ka."

A/N: *Mai bpen rai ka - You're welcome. (Thai - female speaker.)

*****

Five minutes later, I was unpacking my clothes on the bed and transferring them to hangers to be hanged in the closet. My back was facing the door to our hotel room. I had left the door open in case Rita wanted to come in. I disliked being interrupted halfway when doing something.

Stomp stomp stomp stomp.

SLAM.

I looked to the door to my left. The door to the bathroom was slammed shut.

"Rita?" I called out anxiously.

I could hear the toilet flushing and water running. Rolling my eyes, I closed the door to our hotel room and continued unpacking my stuff.

BANG BANG BANG.

"Oi! Rita. It's not funny!" I shouted.

BANG BANG BANG.

It was coming from the main door and not from the bathroom.

BANG BANG BANG.

I heard muffled voices at the other end of the door. I was getting scared.

"Rita...Rita...please come out!" I pleaded as I knocked on the bathroom door.

BANG BANG BANG.

BANG BANG BANG.

The knocks on the main door grew more urgent and angry.

"Rita! Rita!" I pleaded.

The door finally opened and I rushed into the bathroom.

There was no one there.

The water from sink was still running. The bathroom light was on. I was getting creeped out.

"Oi! Open the door!" I heard her voice.

It was coming from the main door.

Frantically, I rushed to open it and true enough my friend was standing on the other side.

*****

2.23am.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock.

I could not sleep. I did not tell Rita about what happened earlier as I did not want to make her worry. Maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me and it was just the wind that slammed the bathroom door open.

I opened my eyes to the sight of the ceiling fan turning slowly above us. It made a weird "crik crik crik' sound whenever it turned.

I was getting unbearably hot. I felt Rita shifted beside me on my right, probably feeling uncomfortable as I was.

I turned to my right and my face smacked against her feet. "Oi!" I scolded her, annoyed that she slept with her legs facing towards the headboard.

"Did you skip your shower again?" I hissed and rubbed my nose offensively.

Her feet sure did stink.

I abruptly turned to my left. A figure with long hair was lying there. Its back facing me.

Fear washed over me. I was terrified beyond words.

I quickly turned my body to face my right and the pair of feet was no longer there!

I closed my eyes as tightly as I could. The breathing behind me getting louder.

Where the hell is Rita?! What is going on?!

SLAM.

Sssssssssssssssssss....

I could hear the water running. She must have gone to the bathroom.

Don't panic. Don't panic.

I wanted to distract myself from anything and everything so I turned to face the ceiling.

I screamed.

Attached to the ceiling fan was the supervisor looking straight down at me, her neck hanging from a noose, her eyes hollow and empty.

******

A/N: Where did you think Rita is? Was she even in the room?

Also, thank you for 470+ reads so far! And guess what? It's #99 on Horror. I have no idea it would even get to this point and it would probably be short-lived haha! But still! It is amazing! So thank you so much to anyone who have read this story, or voted or commented. You lovelies rock!

What do you think of "Horrorfest" so far? Which chapter(s) were your favourites? Any chapters that made you yawn instead of scream? Haha. Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts!