9: Playmate

"Mommy! Help me push my swing again, please?" My daughter pleaded.

Sigh.

I cannot wait for the day when she can finally play on the swing without any help.

Stashing my phone back in my bag, I trudged towards my little girl.

"You know you can swing by yourself, right?"

"But I don't want to..." she looked up at me with cute little puppy-dog eyes.

Sigh. Gets me every time.

"Okay. Just this once," I lifted a finger in front of me and she nodded enthusiastically.

"Thank you, Mommy!" She squealed with delight into the dead of the night as I pushed the swing and gave her a powerful boost.

I went back to sit at the bench and scrolled through the funny memes on my newsfeed.

"Mommy! I need help! Push me again!"

"Remember what I told you?" I replied without looking up, my eyes still looking at my phone. "Just stand up, walk backwards a lil" bit and swing! That'll give you the lil' boost you need."

"But, Mommy I can't. I'm really heavy," she replied.

I let out a frustrated sigh and stood up, my eyes on my little girl.

"What's wrong, Mommy? Why aren't you coming over?" she asked, confused. She shook the chains at the side of the swing on both sides, "Hurry up!"

A figure dressed in white, with long disheveled hair was sitting underneath my daughter on the SAME swing, its long fingernails wrapped around my little girl's hands.