"Yea, Yea, I'm sure that woulda happened." Jack rolls his eyes at me. "Come on, Let's go to Jacobi's and come up with a new plan."

"What's Jacobi's?" David asks, tilting his head to the side.

"It's a place we go for food. When we can afford it." I answer. Mr. Jacobi was a kind man and even gave us leftover food when he could spare it.

There was no one in the dining room when we reached it which was good. Left us plenty of room as we all found a spot to sit at. A group of us ordered water, since it was free, and Mr. Jacobi's left to go get it. I sat down at the table with Davey, Mush, Finch, and a few others.

"And a glass of water for you," He hands one to Crutchie. "And, uh, one for you." Jacobi holds out a glass and I laugh to myself when Jack reaches for the water meant for Les.  "And you," One to Romeo. "And you." One to David. "And one for the young miss." I smile in thanks as Jacobi hands me my water. Jacobi holds up a glass, looking around at us. "Who's the big spender who ordered the seltzer?"

"Over here!" Albert said, raising his hand from where he sat on a table across the room from me.

"That'll be two cents." Jacobi says as he walks over to Albert.

"Aw, two cents for a glass of seltzer? Just give me a water," Albert sat up grumbling, crossing his legs.

Jacobi fakes a look of surprise. "How did I ever see that coming?" He replaces the seltzer on his tray and hands Albert the last water instead. With that, Jacobi left the room leaving us.

"I'd say we launch our strike in the most auspicious manner." David holds his glass of water, look proud of himself.

The boys fell silent, turning to each other to see if they knew what that meant. Signing, I buried my face in my hands, grumbling "David, they don't know what that means."

Mush spoke up. "Eh, I dunno bout that but we sure scared the bejesus outta Weasel!" All the boys cheer in response. Lifting my head up, I give David a "I told you so" look which he ignored.

"DIdja see the Delanceys? They didn't know which way was up!"

"Hey, hey, hey. So what's next?" Jack stands up on his table as he asks.

"Now you have to spread the word." David gestures around with his glass. "Let the rest of the city's newsies know about the strike.

"Hey you heard da man. Let's split up. Let's spread the word."

"I got Harlem!"

"I got Midtown!" Figures, the racetrack was in Midtown and Race loves that place. It's how he got his name.

"I got the Bronx" I smile, someone wanted to go visit their girl, Smalls, in the Bronx.

"And I got the Bowery!"

Jack nods in confirmation at the four then picks out other Newsies for the rest. "Specs, you take Queens. Tommy Boy, you take the East Side. Jojo, you take Staten Island. And, uh, who wants Brooklyn?" Everyone, but David and I, suddenly became interested in everything but looking at Jack. David looks at me in confusion and I shrug at him. I don't know what everyone is so scared of Brooklyn.

"Aw, come on! Brooklyn! Spot Conlon's turf. Finch? Yous tellin me you scared of Brooklyn?"

I ain't scare of no turf!" Finch jumps up to defend himself. "But that Spot Conlon gets me a little...jittery." Finch slumps back down in his chair.

Rolling my eyes at everyone's antics, I stand up "I'll take Brooklyn. I ain't not wuss." I ignore Finch's yelling in the background.

"Great. Take Davey with you."