Let's Go To A Party - Rey

A few days pass before I start to really notice the staring. Word of Kylo's "ass-whooping" has definitely gotten around, but I'm starting to think the truth may have been stretched a bit. I listen to the whispers as I walk by.

"I heard he still can't walk properly after she–"

"Apparently she broke four toes on his balls of steel!"

"I don't want to get on her bad side, I heard she dropped Ren so hard he needed stitches and–"

I smile at that last one. Though it isn't true, it's kind of entertaining to hear what kind of things people will be believe. It's nice to be known as someone not to be messed with. I make eye contact with a boy as I walk by. His eyes widen and he quickly turns away before I can even smile at him. Kylo Ren is someone not to be messed with too, and he chokes people. I frown and head back to Mr Poe's room.

Finn and I have spent last period there for the past 3 days. Finn apparently has some sort of study period; the librarians don't notice if he doesn't actually go, and I just have the worst spare ever as I can't go home until my dads pick me up after work. Poe likes hanging out with us, and he's more our friend than teacher. I don't bother knocking on the door.

"I grabbed your stuff too," I say to Finn as I pass him the bag he'd left in his locker at lunch. He thanks me quickly before he and Poe look at each other.

"What?" I say.

"Do you want to go to a party?" Finn asks.

"A party? When, tonight?" I ask. Finn nods.

"Yeah, you know, let loose, meet people on a Friday night." He says.

"Do I have to bring a present?" I ask. They laugh.

"No, you just bring alcohol, which I'll have." Finn says, "Always bring your own alcohol."

"I'm just going to pretend we aren't encouraging underaged drinking." Poe says, a smile on his face. We laugh.

"I don't know, Finn." I say, "I've never been to anything like that before."

"Well there's a first time for everything." He says. I know he's right, but me? At a party. I can already picture the disaster.

"Honestly Rey," Poe says, "It might be fun. You have one year to get the whole high school experience." That's true. "You don't have to drink if you don't want to."

"Nobody should bother you about it either." Finn says, "I mean I don't know for sure, but people usually don't."

"Just stay away from the drugs if there is any," Poe says, "Far away." We laugh.

"Alright." I say, "I'll try."

"I'll pick you up then." Finn says. Poe shakes his head.

"No way, if you guys are both drinking then you're not driving." He says. "I'll drive you. But secretly. I need my job." He chuckles.

"Thanks," I say. He smiles.

"No problem."

Though there's no problems with our ride, there is, apparently, a problem with my outfit that evening. Finn stands in the front doorway of my house, looking me over.

"You're not wearing that are you?" He says. I look down at my simple t-shirt and sweats.

"What do you mean?" I ask. He sighs.