I'm Not Afraid Of Kylo Ren - Rey

I sit outside on the front lawn. I'm wearing my regular clothes now, having gone to the change room to gather my things already. I hug my knees. The sun is high, warm, but it doesn't shake the chills that run down my spine whenever I picture the boy and his familiarity. I try to push it from my head.

It's not possible, I think, I have to be mistaken. Only I know what I saw, who I saw, and I know now that he is real. I hide my face in my arms, questions swarming around my head faster than ever.

Why is this happening? I'd seen enough movies to know that something had to be going on, that for some reason I must've been... chosen? That's only if I'm the main character. I could be the side character, someone who's only mentioned and usually dies tragically. I push that thought from my mind. This isn't a movie, anyway. I'm asking the wrong question.

Then why him? I think about this for a moment. Why did I see this boy in my mind minutes before I saw him in person? Was this the connection? That I saw him in my– whatever it was– because I would see him later that day? It doesn't seem right. Does my episode today connect to the one from last night? I'm missing something. I look up at the clouds and stretch my arms back, legs out.

But what? The million dollar question. I scowl. Unfortunately, I don't know the answers to any of these questions and I don't know who does, if anyone. It's not like I can just ask around either, everyone will think I'm crazy. Finn pops into my mind. No, you just met. I sigh as the bell rings. I pull out my phone.

<Rey>: Hey

It takes him a few minutes, but he responds.

<Finn>: Hey! What's up?

<Rey>: Are you busy?

<Finn>: Nope. Meet at the caf?

<Rey>: Sounds good.

I put my phone back in my pocket. I don't plan on telling him about the episode, or my nightmare, but it'll be nice just to be around him. Maybe he'll even cheer me up, Force knows I need it. I head inside.

The cafeteria is buzzing again. Finn waits for me near the doors. He waves when he sees me.

"What happened to your arm?" He says when I reach him. I shrug.

"Nothing, really," I say, "I just fell running laps in gym class." His eyes widen.

"You're not the girl who fainted are you?" He says. People are talking about that? I mentally face palm.

"Well– yes," I say, "but it's not that big of a deal, really–"

"Are you alright? You didn't hit your head, did you?" He says, concern written all over his face. Is that the explanation? I hit my head, and I just think I recognized that guy but really... I shake my head.

"No," I say, "Just a scrape." He lets out a breath.

"Thank Force," he says. He chuckles. "Sorry for freaking out like that, it's just that there was this other kid that fainted today." My eyebrows raise.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Fell right out of his seat and onto the floor, hit his head really hard apparently." He says, "Had to get stitches from the nurse and everything." My eyes widen. He fainted too?

"Do you know his name?" I ask quickly. Finn shakes his head.

"No, sorry." He says. "Anyway, I'm glad you're okay." Keep it together, keep it together...