33. Untold

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE:
UNTOLD

- Jimin -

The whole day my mind was not in the right place. I was even clueless about the meeting I attended earlier. All I could think about was those words from her yesterday. I filled the liquor in the empty glass on the table, assuming it would help me with everything once again.

I was going to take my first shot when a buzz in my phone interrupted me. I put the glass on the table and picked the device to check who decided to disturb me at this time.

"Taehyung?"

Yes, Kim Taehyung.

The same police officer who was in charge of her missing case two years back. I met him several times after the case was closed, even though he got transferred in Gwanju Department, and he helped me a lot to try and search for her. Nothing worked. Ended up giving up. But we became good friends. I thought of informing him the day I saw her again but thought I would be only disturbing him since he has his own life, so I decided not to.

I answered the call.

"Let's meet in Seoul Station Cafe. I need to talk to you. It's urgent."

I agreed to meet him there without any questions even though he could have come here. Maybe I could succeed to distract my mind from her. I also needed fresh air. I ceased the drinking mood for today and left my house to the place we agreed on.

It was a few minutes of drive to get there.

The memories always brought me back to her and I had them with her almost every place in this city. This cafe was one of them. I always had her alive in my mind and talked to her every day and night. I could imagine her across the table right now. I certainly could distinguish between my imagination and reality.

But I enjoyed being with her at this moment.

I was not scared, not even bit, of the day I might not be able to separate both. Maybe that'll be the day when I finally am happy.

"Mr. Park Jimin?"

A finger was snapped in front of my eyes and her image was replaced with someone else.

"Yes, officer?"

"I've been sitting here for the last five minutes, " he complained.

"How's everything?" I grinned.

"You already know she is back, right?" he asked.

It would have been better if I was unaware. I would be less hurt. I could live with the memories where she loved me and I was a heartless man. I wished I had not seen her with another man. But putting everything aside, "I know."

"Do you know she got kidnapped?"

"WHAT?" I hoped I heard wrong.

"Listen to me. You're not gonna say a word. This information is not supposed to go out. I am telling you this as a friend, " he talked low.