Picture Perfect (Part 3)

"So, what's this about shaving every inch of my body?" I asked upon approaching Lucy. "We won't be doing the shoot here, so don't get comfortable," she said before walking away and then scrambling back to me. "Oh! Yes. Your question. It's because we're doing a shoot for the film In A Heartbeat. So basically, you need to look like you're in school again." I squealed and clapped my hands at the thought of recreating some scenes from it. As soon as I watched it on YouTube when it came out, I treated it like a ritual to watch it almost daily.

"Dan! If you're done fangirling, could you help move the lighting?"

~

I ended up getting the address to the school and driving myself there, since Phil was driving himself there, too. School was still in session for the kids, but they were in their classes at the time we'd be doing the photo shoot. Nevertheless, I was worried that we'd have bystanders during our job.

As soon as I parked my car, I saw Phil jogging towards me. I smiled and hurried over to him. "Hey! Did you hear what we're doing today?" He asked enthusiastically. "Yea! In A Heartbeat! Only my favorite film!" We both started jumping up and down, earning us some strange looks from the camera and lighting crew that were setting up. "Oh my gosh. This is perfect! I just hope they let you wear your real hair."

I completely forgot that I didn't have orange hair, which made me a little less excited to do the whole photo shoot. I didn't want to do it in a wig! "Dan! Could you head over to the makeup department? We need to put hair dye in those curls of yours!" "Well, that answers that! I'd better get changed into my uniform while you're doing that. See you in a few!" And with a wink and a smile, Phil left to go get changed. I, meanwhile, went where I was directed to and spent a good 20 minutes getting orange hair dye pasted into my hair after being forced to change into a school uniform. The smell was not that appealing, in case you were wondering.

After a quick rinse and some makeup, I looked darn close to Sherwin (minus the height). "Ok, I hope your hair is do-" Phil stopped mid-sentence as his gaze met my new, orange locks. "Dang..." I rubbed my neck in embarrassment. "It's definitely, um, different, huh?" "But it looks so good! Honestly, you could be a ginger and I wouldn't mind at all!" We were both slightly blushing at this point, but before either one of us could do anything more, Lucy's voice cut in, saying "No time for lollygagging, you two! Get in front of the school!"

~

The first pose we had to do was the one where Sherwin grabs his heart while nearly kissing Jonathan. Phil, needless to say, had to bend backwards at quite an awkward angle so I could reach behind him. By the time I was positioned correctly, I could hear Phil quietly whine in pain. "I'm sorry! This must be so painful!" He rolled his eyes and insisted he was fine. I didn't believe him.

Kade came up to me and placed a clay heart in my hands as I stood still, quickly leaving after as Lucy started critiquing our expressions. "More panic, Dan! Feel like he's about to yell at you for loving him!" I mean, if that didn't get me to fear this whole photo shoot, I don't know what would've. "Dang, Dan! That blush is perfect! Keep that going, ok?" If only it were an act. If only it were an act...

We soon were given a few minutes to relax our backs while Lucy searched for a "good tree" to use for the next shoot. I turned to Phil, who was tenderly rubbing his back after bending it backwards for such a long period of time. "You ok?" He nodded and leaned forward, effectively popping his back. "Ah. Better."

"Ok, guys! I found a tree!" I sarcastically motioned around me, obviously hinting at the fact that there were many trees at the school. "A GOOD tree, thank you very much. You two need to head over there to where the camera crew is and start setting up. Get settled, we'll give you the heart, and...yep! That's all!" And with that, Lucy hurried off to who knows where, leaving Phil and I to meander over to the selected tree.