On my way, I took a detour to visit my mother. I brought her red roses, snickers, and her childhood blanket. I know the hospital isn't always the warmest so I'm upset that I didn't bring the blanket to her in the very beginning. As I drove I sent a prayer to God hoping that when I arrive she looks better than the last visit. 

My mother has been diagnosed with breast cancer for about five in a half months now. She gave birth to Amir and Alyssa and during the time of her breastfeeding, she noticed a change. Not only did her she breast show symptoms but she could no longer provide the nutrients for the twins. Causing her to find someone to nurse the babies as she went through the process of her cancer treatment. 

I haven't been the same since I found out about it. But of course, through difficult times that is where you lean on the Lord the most. I know He has been hearing my prayers because of how the situation is turning out. Mom has gone through two surgeries and the doctor said the last one will surely exceed the result of this disease. 

Pausing my thoughts, I grabbed all the items and locked my car. "Good Afternoon Mr. Pierce, how are you, sir?" Layla asked. "I'm great Layla, how was your day so far?" I smiled. "It's been alright, thanks to the Lord. "Amen to that." I followed her as she led me to my mother's room. I would've taken the keys but she noticed that my hands were full. 

"Thank you, Layla." "Call me if you need anything," she informed. "Will do." Walking into the room, I watched as my mom was watching her favorite show. The Young and the Reckless. "Momma." I smiled. She was looking so beautifully radiant tonight. "Hi, baby boy." She cooed. Placing everything in the nearby chair, I went over to give her a hug. 

"Hold on now. I'm just about to see why Lily cheated on Cane." Rolling my eyes, I waited. "I knew it, her cheating ass didn't deserve him anyways," she swore. "Momma." I laughed. "What I'm grown, don't be looking at me with those eyes. Now come give me some sugar." I didn't think twice before being wrapped in the warmth and loving arms of my mother. 

"How you been?" "I've been great. Been having a blast in this hospital, nothing but sweet hospitality. Shoot they even call me momma here." she laughed. "You look great momma, I never seen you smile this hard." "Thank you, baby, the Lord has provided me strength through this journey. I can't thank Him enough for sticking with me. I got some news to tell you but not before  you talk about your life." 

"My life isn't all that important momma. I've been working, as usual, nothing new." "Did you find me a daughter in law?" "You too! Sasha has been up my nose asking me that. But no, I'm only focusing on God, family, and friends, and work." "I just want to see my baby get married so I can have some grandchildren. Is that too much to ask?" she shrugged. 

I rolled my eyes again. "Don't roll your eyes at me, now pass me those snickers." "What's the news?" "My surgery is set next month towards the end and although the doctor said my cancer will be gone there are still some warnings," she explained. "Warnings like what?" "There could be a chance that cancer doesn't leave completely or comes back." 

Don't get discouraged, Xavier. "So, what after the surgery I'm supposed to -- have faith. Proverbs 16:33 baby. I don't believe in no one's last words but Gods. I know He got me and He won't forsake me so I'm positive everything will be fine." I sighed in worry. "You right momma. I'll keep my head up for you and God." I promised. "Thank you, Xavier." 

I spend the next thirty minutes spending time and enjoying my mother's essential smile and attitude. I thank the Lord for giving her willpower today, it made my night more at ease. "So you found an intern yet?" "No momma, but I have one who I believe would fit the job." "I need a favor from you baby. And I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to, but you know Mrs. Jakson's daughter?" 

"Momma, I'm not marrying her." I sneered. "That's not what I was going to say, and sneer at me again boy you not too old to get popped. Anyways, she needs a job and she happens to be studying the same as you. I was wondering if you could give her the job for a couple of weeks." "You want me to just hand over the internship to Amanda. Just like that?" "Yea, I heard she got interviewed did she not?"

"Yea but momma no offense she has no respect. Half the time she was on her phone as I was asking questions." "I know baby, I be wanting to pop her sometimes and she not even my child. But this is Mrs. Jackson we talking about here. The woman who has been breastfeeding my kids and been with me since my diagnosis. Baby, she's been struggling financially and I just wanted her daughter to find a job that pays well for what she knows." 

"I can just hand her the money momma." "No baby, you know I don't like that. She not my child but I treat her like one. So she gets the same lessons that I taught you and the rest of my kids. Work for the money, you weren't raised with a silver spoon." "Yes, momma." "All I'm saying is think about it. For me okay?" "I will." I sighed. 

"Now get outta here, it's my feeding time and I gotta call your father in a few." I nodded. Before I left we said a prayer together, I hugged and kissed her. "Love you." "Love you too baby. Thank you for the gifts, you so loyal." she blew a kiss. 

~~~

Once I reached home, I was ready to email Ashley letting her congratulate Rose for receiving the internship. But then my mother came to mind, and although I don't believe Amanda deserves this internship I decided to give it to her for momma and Mrs. Jackson. She has been nothing but a blessing to the family and the twins absolutely adore her. 

I felt a gut feeling of despair for Rose. I admired her skills and she's only a Junior in college. Her dreams reflected me at her age and I want to be able to provide her the satisfaction of success. That's not all you want to provide her. Thanks, spirit, I appreciate your input I rolled my eyes. 

Before ending my night, I emailed Ashley about Amanda and even in the email, she said, "Are you sure Mr. Pierce? I think you made a typo for Rose." Haha very funny. But I wish that was the case. Sipping on my last cup of tea, I grabbed my bible flipping to one of my favorite narratives Job. This man lost his entire family and stayed faithful to the Lord. I want that ability. 

I can't bear the thought of losing my mother but my faith has been steady strong on the word ever since. I admire Job, he could've turned away from God but instead, he trusted him in the actions that were portrayed. He may not have understood why God did what he did, but in a way, we all don't know God's true intentions. At the end of the day, He's doing it to expand my faith and trust in him. 

Closing my reading with a prayer I was welcomed in bed with my dog Blade. "Good night boy."

~~~

Longest Chapter out of the first three! My fingers just kept typing! I'm starting to really like Xavier guys. But here's a glimpse of what he's going through. I hope you enjoyed it. 

Comment, Vote, Say Hi, inbox always open! 

The image of Xavier is attached in the beginning. 

Love you and God Bless!