"Maybe they thought this was an orphanage." Bruce says from the doorway.

"Really! Nearly every inch of this building is lit up and the word Stark Towers are in huge letters!!! That's an insult to my marketing. Plus, usually orphanages are dark and poor." Tony retaliates

"Sorry, just trying to think of the possibilities." Bruce says with his hands up in surrender.

I pick up Rose and start to rock her because she is still crying. She immediately gets quiet.

"How'd you do that?" Bruce asks intrigued.

"I'm just rocking her. Everyone knows that babies like to be held. It's common sense." I tell him slightly appalled that he didn't know this. Rose fell asleep relatively quickly so I start to put her in her basket, but that's when I notice another note. I tell Tony to grab it. After I put Rose back in the basket, I take the note from a stunned Tony. It reads:

The Avengers are the only ones that can take care of her. Please watch over her, she needs you to control it. I'm begging you!!!! PLEASE!!!!! Do the right thing.

I stand there stunned and Bruce walks over and takes the note from my hand. He is stunned as well. When I finally get my senses back, I contact S.H.I.E.L.D, tell them to contact the rest of the Avengers, and then I tell them to meet us in the conference room of Avenger Tower, immediately.

10 minutes later

"What do you need Captain?" Nick Fury says slightly alarmed and annoyed.

"This little girl was dropped off on our doorstep with this note." I tell him as I show him Rose and hand him the first note we found.

"Ok.... I don't see why we all needed to come for this girl. You could've just contacted one of the agents and they could've come to drop her off at an orphanage." Nick says annoyed and Thor, Natasha, and Clint nod their heads in agreement.

"Well, we were going to do that until we found this note." I reply in a calm voice as I hand him the second note. Nick reads it and then passes it around. Everyone has shocked expressions on their faces after they read the note.

"Well, what do think we should do with her?" I ask after everyone has read the note

"Well, do you know what this "it" is that we have to help her control?" Natasha spoke up after a moment of silence.

"We know exactly what you know. She hasn't done anything extraordinary...yet." I reply

"What if this is all a fake?" Clint says being the person he is.

"Either way, we should watch her." Nick says going into full S.H.I.E.L.D Director mode

"Well, I am not going to take care of a child." Tony says bluntly

"I don't think it would be safe for me to take care of her." Bruce says a little sad

"I cannot bring her with thee to Asgard. Only immortals are permitted there. So I cannot keep care of thou." Thor states

"I can't either because I have too many missions to take care of. She would be better in an orphanage." Natasha says with pity in the end

"Same here." Clint says

"What about you Capt?" Tony says

"Well, I don't want her in danger. If our enemies find out that we..." I start to say until Tony coughs in a fake way.

"Find out that I have taken the responsibility of caring for a child they will come after her and see her as my weakness. She will constantly be a target. Plus, there is another evil arising." I say while also convincing myself that giving her up is in the best interest of everyone.

"Then it is agreed. We will give her to an orphanage. Though we will keep tabs on her." Fury says finalizing it.

"How exactly are we going to keep tabs on her?" I ask with curiosity

"We will send her to a real orphanage. Then we will have an agent go undercover as a caretaker there. She will keep us informed of everything." Nick says

"What if she has nothing special about her and she turns out to be just another child?" Clint says still thinking that this child isn't special.

"Well, then we won't have to worry about anything. But we will keep tabs on her whether she is at the orphanage or not." Nick replies telling everyone that this is the way it was going to be.

I look at the child one more time and then I leave the conference room to return to bed. I knew it was going to be a restless rest of the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: Hope you guys like it!!!! It gets better as it goes on so just stick with me.

By the way, Stark Tower and Avenger Tower is the same building.

Please comment and tell me what I should add, change, and what you like about the book.

Comment

Vote

Share

-RiRoo2000