Prolouge

SIX YEARS AGO (RIGHT AFTER THE WAR WITH LOKI)

Third Person POV

The woman was looking at the child one last time, memorizing her beautiful features. The child has beautiful dirty blonde, straight hair with blue eyes that could hold your attention for hours at a time.

The woman was brushing away a lock of hair from the child's face. She placed a small piece of paper on the child's torso hoping that the baby girl wouldn't toss and turn too much so that the people would be able to find it.

She rang the doorbell five times very quickly and than ran from the door as fast as she could.

Steve Rodger's (aka Captain America) POV

I hear the doorbell ring 5 times. It was rung in a frantic, you need to answer this, type of ring. I got out of bed, a bit drowsy since it was 3 in the morning. I grab my shield just in case, and then I walk to the elevator and press the ground floor button.

The elevator ride takes me a little over 1 minute since I was on the 30th floor. I can't wait to get to the door to see the person that is so anxious and odd to come at 3 in the morning.

I finally get to the door and open it. No one is there. I look around to see if someone is hiding or running away. I guess it was just some teenager that had to do it as part of a dare.

As I am about close the door, I hear a little cry, like a cry from a baby. I look down to see a baby girl in a basket. The girl was beautiful, even in the dim light.

"JARVIS turn the lights on." I tell JARVIS. JARVIS did as I requested. I see a note laying on the child's torso. I pick up the basket with the child in it and decide to bring her inside. As I walk into the elevator, I grab the note and start reading it. It said:

This little girl is named Rose. She has no last name, please decide a new one for her. She is one year old and was born October 7, 2014.

Her dad died the day after she was born in a severe car crash as he was driving back from McDonalds towards the hospital. Her mother died 2 days ago. The cause of her death is unknown.

Please take care of her! I'm begging you!

After I read that, I immediately tell JARVIS to wake Tony and Bruce and tell them to meet me in the lounge room. We have to do something about this. What will we do with the girl?

"What do you want Steve?!?!" Tony groggily yells at me as he enters the lounge room.

"Why did you wake us so early in the morning?" Bruce says with a slight undertone of anger

"Umm....Well...." I say trying to think of the best way to say this

"What!?!?!?!" They say in unison

All of a sudden the baby girl, Rose, yawns and starts to cry. Bruce and Tony look startled and then they see Rose. They look back at me with questioning looks. Bruce backs up a couple of steps, now standing in the doorway.

"Ok so, this little girl was dropped on our door step. This note was left with her." I say cautiously

I hand them the note and they read it. Their faces show slight pity when they finish reading the letter.

"What do you think we should do?" I ask them

"Give her to an orphanage." Tony says.

I look at Bruce and he nods his head in agreement.

"Ok, I sort of agree but why would someone place a baby on our doorstep. They had to have known that we probably weren't going to keep her unless there was something...abnormal about her." I tell them thoughtfully