Chapter 26

Rose's POV

Colton.

"What do you mean he's back?" I ask with panic leaking through my tone. Mom walks toward me with slow steps, reaching out her arms to embrace me but instead of accepting the comfort she obviously offers, I take multiple steps back, shaking my head. No. He can't be back.

"Sweetie, we're gonna protect you." Mom says soothingly. I continue to back up, shaking my head and mumbling the word no over and over again.

"Yeah. He's not gonna hurt you."
"We'll protect you"
"We've got your back!"
"He's not gonna come near you" Everyone chorused in.  My back hits the wall at the same time that my knees buckle from underneath me. I slide painstaking slow down the wall until I'm curled into the fetal position on the floor, still mumbling. Natasha mutters something under her breath that I don't catch and is soon hugging me, along with Dad.

"GET OFF ME! NO! DON'T TOUCH ME!" I flail and scream, trying to get the hands away from me.

"ROSE!" Mom yells at me. Her strict and hard voice pulls me back to reality to see everyone staring at me with pity clouding their eyes.

"I told you I don't want pity when I came here. That still applies!" I seethe, needing to get their horrendous stares away from me. They all are a bit shocked before half of them leave and the rest wait for a moment more before making their exits. This leaves Mom, Dad, and I. After we are left alone, I crawl into my dad's arms and let down my walls as the flashbacks begin.

2 years ago
"Hey baby girl." Colton says with a grin that I fell for, not knowing the secrets hidden behind it.
"Hey babe" I respond, pecking his cheek. We've been dating for almost two weeks now and it has been bliss. We walk out of school together, hand-in-hand, headed towards his house to study. I had begged and begged and begged for the chance to go to his house unsupervised and my parents finally cracked this week allowing me to study there for 3 hours. We walk to his sleek black car and I hop in. He got his license about a month ago since he's a year above me.

As I walk into the grand foyer I hear the click of the lock moving into place. I whip around to give him a questioning look.
"Just a precaution since we're home alone." Colton responds "one of my moms rules." I nod my head, satisfied with the answer. Colton leads me to the kitchen where we grab a little snack before heading to his bedroom. I know my mom and dad told me to not go in his room but he just forgot a book in there and he doesn't want me to be lonely.

When I enter the room I hear another door locking, whipping around this time to see Colton standing there, wearing a smug smirk.

That night I lost my innocence, striped of my dignity, and treated as you would a rag doll. I ended up staying with him for a whole year after that, living in fear and depression. My family noticed a change in me from the moment I got home that night but I continued seeing him. For if I did not, I was harshly beaten and my family's life was threatened. One time I attempted to use my powers but some how he was able to overpower me and sedate my hulk.

One year ago
"I love you" Colton tells me. I take a moment of hesitance and for that I earn a slap and a kick in the ribs.
"What do you say to me you worthless price of shit!"
"I-I l-love y-you t-to" I respond.
"You're forgetting something" A punch to the gut
"I love you t-to b-babe"
"Good. I love you and I'm sorry I had to hurt you but you were hurting my feelings and so you deserved it." He's right, I did deserve it. I should have responded faster and not hurt his feelings.