Chapter 25

Rose's POV (7 years later)
Today's the first day of junior year of high school. It feels like just yesterday I was starting real school for the first time as a sixth grader.

(Flashback)
"Do I look ok?" I ask Pepper and Natasha worriedly. They both give me a huge smile and grins.
"You look great sweetie." Natasha comments. They walk me out of the room to go eat some breakfast before school starts and say goodbye to everyone. I hurriedly gobble up my breakfast, wish everyone a good day and then zoom out the door and to the new bus stop. It was weird, waiting for something that you dreaded but yet we're excited about. I just hope everyone is gonna be nice.
(Flashback over)

It turns out that not everyone was nice but most people were. I made multiple new friends that day. Now I have a lot of people I socialize with, but not many friends. It was all going really well, I kept my powers hidden, kept my true identity hidden, and my nightmares had gone away. I was invited by my friend, Kelsey, to go to her birthday slumber party. I was so excited. It was great, until I fell asleep and I had a horrible nightmare. I apparently screamed bloody murder for 15 minutes straight before they were finally able to wake me up. From that time on, I was never really invited to any parties, much less sleepovers.
But anyways....
Today is my first day of junior year and I just have a pretty good feeling about it! I'm no longer a lower class-man and I'll be turning 17 soon!

I dress in dark wash jean shorts with an army green tank top that has a dream catcher printed onto it. I put on a bit of cover up and mascara, leaving my hair in its natural state, and head down to breakfast. Oh no! I forgot my shoes. I teleport upstairs, find my shoes and spot a plaid shirt that would look so cute wrapped around my waist. I tie it and then slip on my black and white converse to complete the look. I grab my backpack and finally head down the stairs to get some breakfast.

"Good morning sweetie!" Mom greets me with hug, keeping in mind that I don't want to mess up my look. SHEILD ended up asking her to rejoin the organization about 2 months after she was fired because of me. I knew they would be crawling back to her because she is the best agent in the world.

"Morning kiddo" Tony calls from behind the counter. Tony is like the lovable, spoil-you-rotten, fun, crazy uncle now.
"Are you ready for your first day of school?" Pepper asks
"I think so" I reply, "How do I look?"
"Fantastic!" Natasha and Pepper reply simultaneously. I smile in response.

I finally grab a plate and put some pancakes, sausage, and eggs, along with a glass of orange juice. Pepper always cooks a big breakfast on the first day of school. It's also one of the few rare times that everyone is in the same space at the same time.

"Make sure to control Sheila" Bruce comments after I've already devoured my pancakes. Sheila is what I've decided to name my hulk. She liked it and it made her happier which is always a good thing.

"I will. I promise Uncle. I mean I haven't slipped up before." Bruce has become like that shy, protective uncle for me now.

"Good morning daughter!" Thor greets.
"Good morning father!" Thor has taken on the role of a father but Steve still wins as we are just closer. I only call Thor father because it's how they address dads in Asgard and our relationship isn't quite as completely comfortable as Steve and I's.

"Hey sweetheart" Dad says giving me a giant bear hug, effectively messing up my hair.
"Dad!!! You messed up my hair!" I playfully whine. He just chuckles and gets his morning coffee. I've finally finished my breakfast when Clint graces us with his presence.

"Morning Rosy" Clint has become like a crazy older brother to me. We childishly fight and argue, he gets proud when I accomplish stuff, and he's over protective of me when it comes to boys. I reply to his greeting with a smile and wave.