➸ THIRTY THREE

Começar do início

"What were you trying to do?" I asked them.

"Sneak into your class to ask you if you've seen or heard from Nathan lately," Austin explained first, and Ethan just leaned on the lockers miserably.

"Are you okay?" I asked Ethan who nodded briefly.

"He's hung over." Austin shook his head at Ethan then completely disregarded him as he turned back to the topic at hand. "Isn't Nathan suppose to be in that class too?"

"Yeah, he's not here, I haven't seen him or heard from him." I answered his questions then a spiral of worry consumed me. "Is something wrong?"

"No—" Austin was cut off mid-sentence.

"Yes." Ethan answered at the same time as Austin and I looked at them both confusingly. I decided to believe Ethan, so I turned to him and gave him my best 'puppy dog face' so he'd tell me what the hell was going on. He caved immediately which Austin noticed and held Ethan's mouth shut before he could reveal anything to me.

"Listen, nothing is wrong, really." Austin tried convincing me but I wasn't buying it, so he pushed further. "We just wanted to see if he was in class cause we needed him... for something?" He said the statement in more of a question form which made me definitely not believe him.

"Ethan, what's going on?" I pried Austin's hand off of Ethan's face and gave him the opportunity to talk. I could practically feel Austin silently threatening Ethan from behind me but Ethan didn't seem to care one bit.

"He didn't go home last night and he's been missing since the club yesterday." Ethan mumbled tiredly then groaned when I assume his headache got worse.

My heart rate increased dramatically and I turned to Austin with alarmed eyes, which caused Austin to glare at Ethan. Ethan shrugged off the death look he was receiving and I stood in front of Austin to gain his attention back to me.

He sighed. "You were the last one to see him and talk to him, we just assumed maybe you knew where he was? I don't know okay, Carter told us to find you while he went out to find Nathan."

"Is he still looking for him?" I asked with a hurried voice.

"Yeah, but he still hasn't found him. I'm sure he's fine, he's done this multiple times before." Austin shrugged it off.

"Oh that's nice, he likes to disappear from time to time." I grumbled, and started to pace. I didn't care that we were currently fighting, I couldn't help but worry about him. And I hated myself for it.

Austin chuckled at me and I looked down at my shoes, my concern over Nathan's well-being was overwhelming and I didn't like it. "Hey, are you okay?" Austin asked me.

"Yeah? I'm not the one missing." I said obviously and he shook his head at me.

"No, not that. I heard about your fight with Nathan." And before I could ask how he heard about it, he pointed towards Ethan who was now laying on the floor with his sweater being used as a pillow. He opened one eye to peek at us and shrugged.

"You can't expect me to witness something that entertaining and also heartbreaking, might I add, and not share it." I rolled my eyes at him as he closed his left eye again and snuggled into his sweater.

"I thought you'd forget about that, you drank a lot last night." I replied and Ethan shook his head with a smile.

"I don't forget things." He kept the smile on his face and I raised my eyebrows at Austin, who rolled his eyes.

"When's Emmett's birthday?" Austin asked Ethan, who's smile dropped.

"... February 12th." Ethan replied surely.