The River Seine

In the end, Sophie settled on implanting the French and English in everyone's heads. English, in case they needed to go to the US or Britain. She wasn't sure if they knew enough of the languages.

Strangely, everyone still had an accent, except for Keefe. Maybe it was because of his photographic memory. She also had accidentally implanted another language, when he distracted her with mallowmelt.

Currently, Sophie and her friends were at the cave, waiting for Mr. Forkle. Minutes after they arrived, Mr. Forkle had showed up with a smiling gnome who looked heartbreakingly like Calla.

She spoke up. "My name is Cara."

Sophie looked at her. "Why do you look so much like Calla?"

Cara's smile faltered. "She was my cousin. I am sad for her death, but also grateful for what she did for us."

"Us?" Asked Tam.

"I was one of the plagued ones." She said quietly.

"Did you tell your family that you are leaving?" Mr. Forkle cut in.

Everyone answered positively, except Tam.

"What?" Tam asked, when everyone turned to look at him, "My parents don't care."

"My father doesn't, as well." Keefe said. "And don't even get me started on my mother. But I told them anyways."

Mr. Forkle continued. "We'll be showing you where you'll live at that time, and leave you to explore. Leap there."

He handed all of us a blue leaping crystal: symbolizing the Forbidden Cities.

They did as told, disappearing form the oppressing cave.

-----

They appeared in a house near the Seine River, which ran along the Eiffel Tower.

"This is the above ground." Mr. Forkle told them.

Cara led them down a hidden stairway. "This is the underground, and secret part. Do not show it to any of the humans here. It runs underneath the River Seine."

"Wow!" Sophie exclaimed, "That's really long!"

"Really?" Biana asked.

"Yeah." Answered Dex.

"How did you know that?" Sophie asked.

Everyone stared at her. "Human Geography. And I actually listen. Why, do you not have it?"

"No, I don't." She said slowly. "Maybe it's because I live with humans."

"Maybe." Fitz said shortly.

"Come on, it's the Mysterious Miss. F, of course everything about her is mysterious." Keefe laughed.

"We'll leave you to explore." Mr. Forkle informed them. Then, he and Cara left, in a flash of light.

Sophie finally took a look at her surroundings. Some of the windows were on the ceiling, bathing the floor with a rippling blue light. There was a room per person, and it was extravagant as usual.

After everyone was settles in, they met in the dining room.

"Now," Biana exclaimed, "Let's get shopping!"