41

I woke up, stretching my arms out and expecting to feel Ethan asleep beside me. Instead I felt nothing, immediately sitting up as panic took over. My heart returned to its normal rate slowly as Ethan emerged out of the bathroom, a smile on his face as he sat beside me. He was fully dressed, in his merch hoodie with a pair of joggy bottoms. He was dressed appropriately for his long flight back to Cali today, where he'll be reuniting with Grayson.
I didn't want him to leave, but I wanted him to be with his brother.
" morning... I have to leave in an hour " Ethan sighed, the sadness obvious in his voice as he spoke.
I frowned, nodding my head.
" okay, do you want to do something before you go? We could- " I begun, trying to suggest something before Ethan cut me off by climbing into the covers next to me.
His arms pulled me towards his chest, my face pressed against it as I got a whiff of his cologne, making me snuggle in more. He was so warm, and it made me feel so safe and cosy, as he breathed out the words that made me smile.
" I'd rather just cuddle with you "

I ran my hands through Ethan's hair, playing with it as he had his head in my lap, sound asleep and looking adorable. Every so often I would lean down, pecking his cheek lightly, only to see him gently smile in his sleep. It was the cutest sight, my heart skipping a beat every time he did it, and every time he cuddled closer.
I didn't want to, but I had to, so I checked the time. My eyes darted from the time on my phone to the sleeping boy laying peacefully on me, my hand caressing his cheek gently as I attempted to wake him up. He was too precious, I didn't want to let him go.
" Ethan, baby, wake up... " I tried my best, nudging his shoulder gently as he stirred.
I felt him pull me closer, wanting more time to sleep until I sat up from beneath him, and took his hand in my own to pull him up.
" come on, I need to drive you to the airport, Ethan " I said a little clearer, his eyes opening as he let out a sigh, rubbing his face with his hands in attempt to wake him up.
As soon as he stood up he slipped his shoes on, grabbing his bag from the ground and also his suitcase. It was horrible to watch, knowing that just after this short drive, he'd be gone, on a plane on his own, flying back to LA where we'll have to return to the way it used to be. Message after message.

" It was great meeting you, bro " Lucas said as the two did another handshake-hug, making me smile slightly.
Last night Ethan, Lucas and I spent the night in my bedroom playing various different games on the Xbox. When I say I played too, I mean that I thrashed them in COD before returning to my phone and recording the two getting extremely competitive.
They bonded at the flick of a switch, making funny jokes with one another, also wrestling right there on my couch. They were the two most important boys in my life, and to have them acting like the best of friends made me so insanely happy.
" you have my number, don't you? " Ethan asked Lucas, my brother nodding.
I didn't even know they'd exchanged numbers, but apparently they had, making me shake my head in amusement.

[ play song ]

The whole car ride was silent, just the radio playing quietly in the background. We didn't want to say anything, knowing that whatever it was would make us emotional knowing that this would be the last time in each others presence for a while. So we sat in silence, Ethan's hand on my leg like he usually does as I drove the two of us there. Every time he'd rub it I would smile gently, and by the end of the drive I'd laced his fingers with my own, holding his hand down in my lap.
We climbed out of the car, not a word said as we dreaded the goodbyes. The worst part, is always the goodbyes, but we better get used to it.
Ethan opened up my car boot, pulling his case out and placing it down on the pavement before shutting it for me. As soon as he'd sorted himself out he turned to me, noticing I was stood beside my car, my arms crossed as I looked down at the ground. I didn't even realise he was watching me until I felt his hand run down my arms, and pull me into his chest. My small arms instantly wrapped around his waist as he rubbed my back gently, kissing my forehead every few seconds.
" I'll miss you so much " I whispered into his hoodie, as he nodded, pulling away for a brief few seconds to look into my eyes.
" I'll miss you so much more, you don't even know " He confessed, now holding my hands as he stared down at me.
Ethan's lips were soon pressed on mine, a kiss so passionate, full of lust and love, but so slow. We were both treasuring the feeling, wanting to remember it until we next had the chance to experience it again.
As soon as he broke away, out breath, he placed his head against mine. His eyes fluttered open and closed every few seconds, as if he were debating something. His voice knocked me out of my thoughts, however, my heart skipping a beat.
" Hol? " His voice came out desperate and insecure, something which made my eyes shoot up to his.
I hummed in response, not prepared for what he was about to say next until he took a deep breath.
" I.. I love you, Holly "
My mind went completely blank as all I could think about were the words that just left his mouth, leaving me frozen, on the spot, in his arms. I stuttered, knowing what my response was, as I'd knew how I'd been feeling for the whole of this trip. I was in love, not just with the idea of someone loving me, I was in love with him. He did nothing but care for me, love me with every beat of his heart, and made me the happiest girl alive these past few days. I wanted him to make me feel like that every day for the rest of my life, I was sure of it.
I knew he was getting worried as I took so long to respond, and so I cut him off by pressing my lips against his once more, another passion filled kiss that made my stomach feel nothing but butterflies. I pulled away immediately after, my hands on his chest.
The two of us regained our breath, whilst I looked up into his hazel eyes which showed hope, desperately wanting me to say the words back to him.
" I love you too, Grant "
Ethan's muscles relaxed as I said the words, a smile growing on his face as he pulled me back into his arms once more, the last embrace we'd share.
I took one last breath of his scent, wanting to remember it as it made me feel so loved, so happy. But the other part of me was screaming in pain, crying, wanting me to take everything I had just said back, because I wasn't going to see him again for a long, long time. I didn't want to face the reality of going without the person I love, the person who loves me, but I was, and it was already agonising.
He stepped back, nodding his head as he said the two words that made me want to lunge at him, and tell him to stay, but I couldn't. He had to go, to see his brother, his friends. He didn't have to stay with me, I wouldn't let him, although I wanted him too with all of my heart deep down.
" goodbye, Hol "

I watched him turn back, a sad smile on his face as he watched me hold in my tears. He waved gently, his jaw clenching as he slowly turned back around to what was in front of him. I felt him turn back once more, but I couldn't handle it, so I turned myself, climbing into my car and immediately starting it up.
I felt a tear run down my cheek as I looked into the airport one last time, the look of upset on his face as he watched me drive away being the last thing I saw of him, and would see of him, for a long time.