Chapter 2

Two hours later, Caitlyn and I head to a cab and get taken to the casting call. I look around and spot nearly two hundred girls in a line that says registration. Then, a little to the right, there are over three hundred girls lined up to go into the audition. Caitlyn starts to look around and I can tell by her face that she's super nervous.

I look over to her and say, "Cait, it's going to be okay. Just do your best."

Around six hours later, we are finally at the door to go in for the audition. The woman with a clipboard opens the door and says, "Name?"

"Caitlyn Morrie."

She scans the list and looks up. "Okay, follow me."

I give Caitlyn a thumbs up and she walks inside. I look around and see that there is nobody else around. I smile and just imagine if I was an actress.

A few minutes later, the woman comes back out and asks for my name.

I say, "Oh, I'm not auditioning."

She laughs. "Sure you are, name?"

I look around again and sigh.

She snaps her fingers in my face. "Name, Miss?"

"I'm Erin Addison, but I'm not on the list."

She scribbles on her clipboard. Then says, "You are now. Follow me."

I follow her inside. There sit three people, who I'm assuming are producers and directors. There's an empty chair, as well. I wonder who it's for.

I walk in and they look up to me.

"Name?" asks one of the people sitting there.

"I'm Erin Addison, but I'm actually not supposed to be here. I don't know the lines or anything. I just came with my friend. She actually went just before me. You might remember her, Caitlyn Morrie?"

The producer who asked for my name looks at me. She hands me a script. Then she says, "The marked lines are the ones you need to read. Just follow along with the person who reads with you. Just go with it."

"Um....okay," I say, "Who am I reading with?"

Then, as if right on cue, he walks in. That's who the empty seat is for!

"My son-Ryder," the producer says.

He walks to the chair and sits, without looking at me. Then, he sighs.

The producer-his mom says, "Begin Ryder."

"How could you do this to me, Sydney?" he asks very angrily.

I look at the script and then say, "Colton, I am sorry. It didn't mean anything. I love you and only you!" I fake tears.

"No you don't. You don't love me and I don't love you."

"Colt, please," I sigh, dramatically.

"Just leave me alone!"

"How can I? We are meant to be and nothing can come between us, right?"

Ryder stands up and walks over to me. He stares at me, "I don't know. Maybe we can figure it out." Then, he kisses me. Ryder is an amazing kisser. I see what Caitlyn sees in him because I can see it too. We keep kissing and kissing for at least three minutes. It just seems so perfect. His lips fit perfectly against mine.

We both pull away and the producers just stare, in awe. 

A woman with curly hair and glasses says, "Wow. That was amazing and she was underprepared. She might just be the one."

Ryder's mom looks at me and nods. "I'm Patrica Spence. I'm producing the movie. You're very talented and you did so well with Ryder."

The other man says, "My name is Daniel. I am the director. Nice to meet you."

Patrica says, "We'll be in touch with you shortly. Just let us have some time to think it over. Again, great job!" She smiles at me.

I look over and see Ryder smiling at me.

Then I say, "Thank you all. It's been a pleasure." I then walk outside and try to find Caitlyn. Then, I hear someone yelling my name and look back to see none other than Ryder Spence.

"Erin," he shakes my hand, "I'm Ryder Spence. You were amazing in there."

I say, "I know who you are, and thanks."

"Can I give you my number and we can maybe go out sometime?"

I laugh nervously and say, "Sure, yeah." I hand him my phone and he types in his number.

"Please don't share this number with anyone, though. I just got it changed."

" I won't, I promise. Thanks."

He smiles and walks back inside. Then, I start walking away. I call Caitlyn.

"Hello," she says.

"Cait, where are you?"

"I should be asking where you are."

"I kind of auditioned for The Way You Hurt Me. The clipboard lady made me do it."

"Oh my God. How was it? Because mine was terrible." She laughs.

"It was average, I didn't know anything about the script!"

"Oh yeah," she laughs.

"I'm on my way home now." I hop into a cab.

"Okay, see you then."

I hang up and sigh. I know I may have kind of lied to Caitlyn about the audition. But, this is her dream and I don't want to break her heart. Then, I look through my contacts and stop on Ryder's name. I start thinking about how much we connected and how much chemistry we had. Maybe I should call him. Actually I probably shouldn't. But, oh well, what can it hurt.

It rings three times and then I hear, "Hello?"

"I don't know if you remember or not, Ryder, but this is Erin. I'm that girl that auditioned for the movie and you read with me."

"Erin, hey."

"So you do remember me?" I smile.

"How could I forget you? What did you need?"

"Remember how you said maybe we could go out sometime. I was thinking, maybe we could hang out tomorrow sometime, only if you want to."

Thank you guys again for reading. Sorry it's taken a while to upload, but I've been busy with school. The next chapter will be posted Monday sometime! Thank you for reading, please vote and comment your opinions!!