An Imperial Raid

A/N: This story is getting an edited reboot mid June! Keep an eye out for Turn to Grey: Platinum Edition!

"Pack Leader, Jumper reporting in. We have finished attaching cables and are ready for transport."
A Stormtrooper with a black and yellow painted stripe on the right side of his helmet stands inside an Imperial Ship's hangar, blaster raised, shooting at enemy troopers. The ship hangs in the air over foggy mountains, the mist seeping in, making aiming tricky. He makes his way from the final ship that he'd cabled and stands near the cockpit of a larger enemy Fighter.

"Copy that. Do me a favour and don't get shot," a static male voice replies. "Squad Alpha, power up and get out of that hangar! Beta Squad will cover your exit, I don't want a single scratch on any of our new ships!"

"Yes, Sir!"

Five ships take off, pulling a new Fighter behind each.
Once the final one had successfully left, Jumper quickly boards the last transport and pulls out. He presses a red button on a remote, causing several of the hangars to explode. When far enough away, he spins the TIE Interceptor around and aims at the Imperial Ship. A slightly larger Fighter speeds past him, launching missiles into the mass.

Panic is breaking out on the bridge as sirens flare, "Why haven't those ships been taken down? Shoot them DOWN," the General screams.

He falls backwards as the fleet of raiders fires at the bridge, causing it to rumble and shake. The enemy TIE Fighters desperately attempt to shoot down their targets. Squad Beta protects the carrier ships, while Alpha continues to attack the Star Destroyer's control center and main weapons.

"Every main cannon has been destroyed, Pack Leader," a raider reports.

"Perfect. Alright men, I want all guns aimed at that bridge!"

After a flurry of missiles and blasts, the target had been obliterated.
Shattered glass can be seen falling from the windows, fire engulfing the control panels. No ships remained inside with a hyper drive function, leaving any survivors stranded. Black smoke bellowed out from the bridge and several cannons all around the ship.
The two squads and leader pulled into formation and flew full speed to their next destination; an abandoned outpost hidden in the thick fog
Enemy TIE Fighters continued their persuit as the formation weaved in and out carefully from rocky pillars and mountains coated in white cloud. A Fighter explodes close to a ship in formation, making him jolt and slide on a large rock next to him, but he recovers quickly.

"Hold it together Baby, I said I didn't want a scratch on any of those ships." The leader pulls hard upwards as the formation morphs to a point once again, continuing forward.

Pulling back down into the rear of the group, the Pack Leader jokes, "I didn't make a mistake letting a rookie in on a high rank mission, did I?"

"No, Sir. I apologize."

"Well, don't worry. Any leftover TIEs I can take down. Don't freak out on me."

Two enemy ships close in on each side of the formation. The back left wing shoots at the enemy in front of them, while Pack Leader fires a single missile to take down the one on the right. A final appears from above, diving downwards.

"Aerial drop!" The leader yells, just in time for the middle ship to drop and swing left.

Following from the rear of the group, Pack Leader follows the spinning TIE, who is flying upwards again for another attack from above. Carefully locking on, a missile fires, destroying the enemy. The leader drops back into the rear position, following the formation.
With no more interferences, the fleet shifts front Northeast to Northwest, the direction of the hidden outpost.

About fifteen minutes later, the third in command speaks up, "The base should be right under us in three klicks."

"Thanks for the heads up, Ghost. Let's bring ourselves lower and slow down, this fog won't let us see the base until we're about to touch it."

The formation slows itself, and as the base comes into view, the ships line up and touch down.
Jumper walks over to Baby, the newest member in his squad, and pats him on the shoulder.

"Any marks?"

Baby sighed, "No, General. It was just a bit of a jump."

The younger one was in the Alpha Squad's all black trooper armour. He almost felt he didn't deserve it. The yellow stripe running down his mask signified his place with the Alphas, but being the new guy was rough.

Jumper laughed lightly as the leader walked up to them and spoke, "You may have scared easy, but the recovery was impressive. I don't see any dents, and that's what's important. Nice work, rookie."

The leader took leave to head towards the opening of the base, which was currently being welded open by the troops. Jumper took off his helmet, revealing a strong angular face and light brown eyes. He ruffled his short brown hair and looked back at his new recruit.

"Don't feel embarrassed about what happened. As long as you stay strong and work forward, you'll remain an important piece of our team."

"Thank you, General," Baby managed to say before Jumper left to offer help with the door.

With a loud clank, an opening to the base had been made. Jumper, Ghost, and their leader stepped through and began searching the room. Ghost flips on a few nearby switches, lighting the area. Old and dusty machinery is strewn about. Two supply ships take up residence in the garage, white worn out tarps covering them. The rest of the troops headed inside and gathered around, mist following their footsteps slowly. The leader made way to the front of the room, each of the steams removing their helmets. Squad Alpha had Storm Trooper armour coated in black, with yellow stripes running down the right side of their helmets. Their General, Jumper, had decided to keep most of his armour white when he first joined the raiders. The Beta Squad also remained in white armour, but had purple markings on their helmets and bodies. The Pack Leader wore black Mandalorian armour, accented with green, white, and silver. The radioed male voice began to echo lightly in the room.

"Tonight, we rest here. There are sure to be enough barracks to house both squads. Early in the morning we will return to home base with our new ships. If the Star Destroyer was able to contact reinforcements, we should have cover until we leave. As we depart, we will stay within the fog as long as possible. I'll brief you with more details in the morning. Until then, get some rest, boys."

With the conclusion of the short speech, all of the troops got up to search for a place to rest. Generals Jumper and Ghost led the way through the halls, as they finally came across several rooms that could keep the troops comfy for the night.

"Ghost and I will keep first watch. When we switch, it will be Ram and Gunner for the rest of the night," Jumper said, placing his helmet back on.

The female and male- respectively- who were to take the next watch, replied with a hearty, "Yes, General!"