A chuckle escaped his lips. "I came to pick up Ash for work like every Wednesday morning, you sleepyhead."

I used my elbows to sit up. "What time is it?"

He casted a quick look at his watch on his wrist. "It's nearly seven o'clock. Jordan told me about what happened last night. We figured we'd let you sleep in for a bit."

"You should've woken me up." I wasn't used getting up so late - well, late for my standards. "Now I'm gonna feel grumpy all day."

"Relax, you still got more than enough time to get ready."

I groaned as I pushed the covers to the end of my bed before getting out.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

I turned around to face my brother. "What?"

He tilted his head to the side and spread his arms.

"Oh," I smiled a little before jumping into his embrace. He squeezed me tight, rocking me from side to side.

"I missed you," he muttered into my hair.

I rolled my eyes. "You saw me Sunday."

"That's two whole days without seeing this pretty face," he grinned before pressing several kisses on my cheeks.

"Okay, that's enough," I giggled, pushing his face away.

"Go use the bathroom before the boys get up." He patted my butt, ushering me out of my room.

FADED

When I walked out of the bathroom, fresh and dressed, I walked into Ashton.

"You look like death warmed over," I pointed out.

"Feel like it," he moaned as he ran a tired hand down his face.

I think someone has a hangover.

"You shouldn't be staying out late like that."

"You shouldn't be staying out late like that," he mocked, tweaking my nose.

"Ow!"

He just hooked his arm around my neck and pulled me along down the stairs.

"Good morning," Penelope smiled.

I could feel Ashton's arm tense around me before he opened his mouth. "The fuck you doing here?"

"Hey," Tristan shot him a pointed look. "I'm dropping her off at the kids' school."

Penelope gave me a playful nudge. "Thanks to you I got an interview."

Ashton pushed me down on one of the kitchen chairs before slumping down on the one next to mine. "What's wrong with your job at the fitness center?"

Penelope's smile didn't falter but there was something cold in her eyes as she looked at him. "I quit."

Ashton grabbed a mug of coffee and lifted it to his lips. "And why did you quit?"

"You already know why," she smiled sweetly.

"No, I don't think I do. Enlighten me please." Smugness was dripping of his tone. "'Cause rumor has it, you got fired."

Penelope snorted. "What does it matter, I hated it there anyway. Besides Tristan didn't like me working there either, right babe?"

Tristan, who was too engrossed with something on his phone looked up. "Hmm?"

"Nothing." She pecked his lips but I didn't miss the look she shot Ashton.