13

~Kris's POV~

After gym class, I walked out to find Corbyn leaning against the wall, his entourage nowhere to be found. When he saw me, he smirked with a mischievous expression. I smiled back and approached him, giving him a hug and kissing his cheek.

"What's up?" I inquired. "I saw you were going on an apology tour, was it? What's that about?"

He pulled away. "Oh you know... I thought about what you said about not wanting to be the boyfriend of someone who is mean to people. I figured it'd be a good idea to make amends with most of those I've hurt."

"You must've hurt a lot of people to consider it a tour." I meant that to sound like a joke, but he sent me a blank face.

"Oh come on. I'm doing this for you. And, of course, for the people I hurt. It's funny, I've made some unexpected friends... allies. I'm happy." His gaze was pulled elsewhere and I noticed a tiny scowl on his face. "Wait a minute... I know that kid."

I turned around to follow his stare, watching a boy walk out the same locker room as I just had. He was the Briggs with two G's kid, the one whose eyes I really liked to look at. If he would ever look back at me, that is.

"He has the same PE class as you?" Corbyn asked me, making me face him again.

"I guess, why?"

He swallowed, his nostrils flaring for a second before he shook his head and flashed a pretty smile. "N-nothing. I just... does he talk to you a lot?"

"Not at all. I'm usually just hanging with my buddies and the one time I tried to talk to him, he ran off like there was a fire." I shrugged then pouted. "You don't think he hates me, do you?" I looked to the ground in thought. "Or maybe I scare him... Why, do you know him besides his audition for the play?"

"No. I was just curious, that's all. Anyway, um... walk me to theater class?"

"Sure." I offered my arm and he held onto it as we walked.

"I'm happy we're back together. Students in this school really look up to us, you know? We're totally the perfect couple."

I opened my mouth to respond but I was cut off when someone barked my last name. It was a teacher with glasses, a hard gaze and prominent red lips. My boyfriend and I stopped as she blocked our path.

"You have a C in Algebra II," she pointed out to me before pursing her lips and squinting. "You can do better."

"I-I... Um, yeah that's true. I'm sorry, Ms...?"

"Cotroneo. Call me Ms. C. I'm the orchestra instructor."

"Oh. Well, yeah I do have a C in that class. Why, is something wrong?"

"What is this about?" Corbyn grumbled impatiently. "Are you insulting my boyfriend's intelligence? He's very smart; he just didn't do as well as he liked to on the last test."

"I'm just saying, how would you like to bump up your grade to a high B?" she offered. "As a football athlete, I'm sure you'd like very spotless grades and a great GPA if you want to impress your dream colleges. So how about it?"

I nodded, smiling. "Sure! I'm all ears."

"I don't have time for this. I'll walk myself, babe. See you before lunch." Corbyn kissed my cheek and sauntered away.

"Anyway, if you're serious about extra credit, I'll talk to your Algebra II teacher about it. Come see me in the orchestra room to discuss your options once your lunch period starts. But you can't walk inside unless you're in my class or until I invite you in. Remember that. Do not walk in." She shook her finger at me for emphasis.