Chapter 5: Forest Of Esgua

Magsimula sa umpisa

The next day we continued the journey, turns out the boar was a pretty rare monster.

With everyone complaining about it all, I felt bad for dragging everyone out there, but it was the King's orders so we couldn't do much.

We stayed in the forest for 3 days before we found the boar. It was in a clearing, munching on medium tall grass. I cast [Appraise] on it to check if it was. It was the boar we were hunting for all that time.

Harold attacked first with Silvia as support. Silvia was a [Shield Bearer] and protected him. They clashed with the boar's copper pelt.

The boar swung its ivory tusks. It was about 1 meter tall, making it kinda hard for Silvia to block the attack.

The knight dashed towards the back of the boar, and the pyromancer was busy chanting for [Fire Ball]. The knight got a good slash and the boar cried out. The mage finished his chanting and sent a [Fire Ball] towards the boar. The boar cried again.

Harold was busy keeping the boar's attention on him with Silvia blocking attacks from it. Lightly slashing with his <Holy Sword> that he obtained from the king, he did massive amounts of damage. The boar could barely stand.

"Now Cason!" the knight yelled to me. I unsheathed my <Iron Scythe> from it's pocket and dashed for an attack.

I dug the toe of it into the boar's skull. It stopped moving.

"So hows the level?" the knight asked me. I cast [Appraise] on myself, and found myself dumbfounded.

————————————————
                Cason Hersan
————————————————
Age:17   Level:1    Race:Human?
Gender:M    Class:???     Rank:?
Job 1: None      Job 2: None
————————————————
                      STATS
————————————————
HP:200/200 MP:67/200 STR:10
DEF:10 WIS:10 INT:10 DEX:10
SPD:10 LUK:-50 APT:0 SC:1
————————————————
             SKILLS/SPELLS
————————————————
[UNKNOWN]??? [UNKNOWN]???
[Scythe Mastery] Lv Max
[Concealment] Lv 70
[Appraise] Lv Max
[Dodge] Lv Max
————————————————
          PASSIVE ABILITIES
————————————————
[UNKNOWN] [UNKNOWN]
[UNKNOWN] [Auto Skill Mastery]
[No-Chant] [Language Other.]
————————————————
                   TITLES
————————————————
UNKNOWN     UNKNOWN
————————————————

"No change sir" I told him. He grew enraged. "What are you saying, you killed the boar!" he said.

Silvia snickered, "Truly useless".

Harold was also enraged. "You useless scum, we did all the work for this? I could have leveled up from that. You should just die!" he yelled as he pushed me down. I quickly got up, and prepared for an other fight.

I expected it to be like the last. I was a fool.

The knight tried to stop us, but the other members restrained him. The pyromancer had been knocked out.

Harold slashed at me, I tried to parry but the <Holy Sword> was too strong and broke through my scythe, slicing a chunk of my right arm. I dropped the scythe's fragments and howled in pain.

Harold didn't stop. He pushed me down to the base of a tree. I hit my head hard.

He stabbed my legs, sending my blood everywhere. I was still howling in pain. Harold stopped and I couldn't feel them.

I tried to reach for any piece of the scythe I could. Harold smiled and picked on up.

"Looking for this?" He taunted me. I reached weakly. My voice was hoarse.

He just kicked me over. He squatted down, "If it wasn't for this world, I could have never done this. This is the best thing to happen to me." he smirked as I looked up to him in terror.

He laughed. "Why don't you tell him, Silvia."

"Useless scum." Silvia said calmly and proceeded to spit on me.

"Silvia, why?" I croaked through my sore throat. "You are weak, you drag down Kayla, you're my enemy." she smiled coldly.

"Lets go back to the castle." Harold said, leaving me by myself.

I felt weak, on the brink of death. The edges of my sight began to darken.

I casted [Appraise] on myself. 40/200 HP, Bleeding Out, it said. I knew I was going to die. The adrenaline rushed through my system, trying to keep me alive as long as it could.

I tried to use magic on my legs but the pain was too much to concentrate. I didn't have enough mana to heal it anyways.

I saw a cave and dragged myself there slowly, trying to use it as shelter. I felt sleepy, but I didn't want to sleep.

When I finally reached the cave, I felt my eyes closing, my consciousness drifting way. I shifted to my back and took a raspy breath.

My final words were whispered while smiling weakly. "I will have my revenge." I breathed out.

I died.