twelve

CHAPTER TWELVETEA FOR DEATH DISCUSSIONS

CHAPTER TWELVE
TEA FOR DEATH DISCUSSIONS

It had all happened too fast, fast enough that I couldn't comprehend what the hell was going on

It had all happened too fast, fast enough that I couldn't comprehend what the hell was going on. First, everyone was wearing vintage clothes; we were getting strange looks from those who were strange themselves; then suddenly we are told that we don't and never have had a room there; and finally, are being accused as Jerry spies.

Jacob and I were quick to panic, but where I froze, Jacob ran. He quickly took my arm and yelled, "Run," as he yanked me as we ran from the pub and the angry mob that decided it'd be fun to chase us.

We had run until we were out of breath, and we had wholly shaken the men from our tail. Thinking we were safe, we let our guard down as we hunched, overtaking in rasping breaths. Neither of us was quite the sporty types. Without being guarded, I had neglected to watch our surroundings, and we were ambushed by some stranger who yanked us into an outhouse. A knife was pressed to Jacob's throat, my eyes widening as my heart rate quickened as I noticed the shiny glint of it over his shoulder.

"Scream, and I'll cut you," came the voice to who owns the knife. Peeping further over his shoulder, I noticed the blonde girl that we had been chasing. The one with fire in her hands. The one from the photos. "What are you?"

"An-uh-I'm an American," Jacob stuttered, "I'm Jacob."

"I swear we are not Jerry Spies!" I cried. When the girl's focus moved from Jacob to me, I looked away and stammered a reply, "Uh- I'm Sophia."

"What were you doing in the house?" She questioned, "Why were you chasing me?"

"We just wanted to talk about our grandpa!" I cried, recoiling behind Jacob even though he was the one with the knife to his throat. My hands were trying to find something behind us to use in defence, though it was only an empty wall.

"We wanted to talk about the house and the people who live there." Jacob continued.

"Who sent you two here?" She pushed further, causing Jacob to step back and myself to be further pushed into the wall.