"Congratulations on your engagement." Dinah says.

"Thank you. I was so nervous last night. I don't know how you guys go onstage every night in front of so many people." I say, laughing at the end. Luckily the stage lights were so blinding I could barely see past the first few rows.

"Yeah that took us a while to get used to." Camila admits, pointing between her and Lauren.

"Do you have a photo of the rock?" Lauren asks.

I nod my head, pulling my phone out from my back pocket. I go to my camera roll and click on the last photo I took. It's of Demi and I in bed last night, with her hand in between us, showing off the ring on her finger. I smile at the photo before turning my phone to the side, letting the girls observe the photo.

The ring itself was simple. It was a simple white gold band with a teardrop halo diamond. It was still breathtaking nevertheless.

"That's beautiful." Camila says, cooing over the ring.

"I agree. I like how simple it is, yet elegant. I want my ring to look like that." Lauren admits as she gazes at the ring. Camila looks at her and smiles before biting her bottom lip.

The five of us converse in mindless chatter together until the lights abruptly go dark and the audience erupts, chanting Demi's name as music plays through the speakers.

***

Watching Demi perform from the audience, although not front and center, was an experienced in itself. The way she interacts with the audience, dances with her backup dancers, utilizes every square inch of the stage, it's truly breathtaking. Even before we started dating, I grew up a fan of her music and acting. I watched her on Camp Rock and played her albums on repeat on release day, memorizing each and every word like every other Lovatic did. It is safe to say I was a Lovatic. Was? Am? Whatever my title is now, I can officially cross off watching Demi Lovato perform live off teenage me's bucket list.

"Alright everyone, before I perform my last song for the night, I'd like to dedicate this song to someone special. You might know her. If you don't, well you will now." Demi says, laughing. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to find Max. He mouth's come with me while holding his hand out for me. I take it and follow him down the lower level stairs to the floor. Fans in the section beside us are screaming as we walk past them.

My heart begins to beat faster. What does he want? More importantly, what does Demi want? He guides me to the stairs at the bottom of the stage, where Demi waits patiently. I take her hand and follow her up the stairs. There is now a folding chair in the middle of the stage, something that surely wasn't there moments ago. She signals me to take a seat, which I do. Natalie comes from behind me, handing me a bouquet of white roses. I hold them close to my chest, unable to control the smile on my lips.

"I would like to dedicate this last song to my beautiful and loving fiancé, Ellie." Demi says, letting her smile radiate warmth and love. The instrumental plays through the speakers and I smile knowing all too well what song this is. Demi stands in front of me, bringing the microphone up to her lips.

"The space in between us starts to feel like we're worlds apart." she sings effortlessly. The crowd is silent, letting Demi's voice be the only one that radiates through the venue. One by one, I notice lights appear in the audience, moving from side to side. Everyone is turning on their flashlight, illuminating the entire place. Demi closes her eyes, feeling each note and word she sings. My eyes lock on her, watching the little vein in her neck protrude as she hits each high note. She walks to the bottom of the stage, singing with the fans in the audience as she holds their hands. I watch contently as  she moves to the next group of fans, leaving the fans she's with now crying with happiness. I'm in such a daze that I don't notice Demi leave the bottom of the stage and walk back towards me until her arms wrap around my neck as she stands behind me, belting out the last line of the song. I can feel her chest rise and fall against my shoulders with each deep breath as she recovers from the last hour and a half. Demi plants a long, hard, kiss on my cheek, and I melt into it, wrapping my arms around hers. She unwraps her arms from around my neck and runs to the edge of the stage, blowing kisses goodbye to the audience.

I stand up, clutching the bouquet of flowers to my chest with a smile on my face as I watch her interact with the audience one last time. She grabs my hand, running off stage with me trailing quickly behind. Natalie meets Demi and I backstage, handing Demi a bottle of water and a towel. She wipes off the sweat on her neck with the towel before taking a few sips of water. By now, the lights in the venue have turned on and the screaming has died down, as everyone starts to exit the venue.

I wrap my around Demi's back, leaning my chin on her shoulder. The flowers are wedged just underneath her chest. "Thank you for the flowers." I say, squeezing her tighter.

"Absolutely." She says, resting her head on mine, relaxing into the embrace. Her breath is still shaky as she's trying to catch her breath. We stay like that for a few seconds, before Demi turns around, pressing her front to mine.

"What do you say we get back to the tour bus before everyone else does." She suggests, twirling the bottom of my shirt with her finger, letting her index finger brush against my stomach. I shudder under her touch.

I nod my head up and down, biting my bottom lip. "Let's go." I say, this time taking her hand.
————————————————

Hi lovelies,
I hope you're all doing well and staying safe! Sorry this chapter is somewhat shorter than the last few. I realize the next few chapters are a lot of filler that doesn't really add much to the story, so I'm doing a really in depth scrubbing of the next few chapters, that way the next few chapters are not boring.

I love to hear from you all! Tell me one good thing that has happened to you this week.
For me, I got virtual meet and greet tickets for Kate Jenkinson who plays Allie Novak in the show Wentworth. I'll be chatting with her for 15 minutes this weekend on zoom!