Chapter 16: Claws are out

“SHHHHHHHH! Be Quiet!” I shushed the whole gang as we stalked along the edges of Taylor White’s house.

Oh, and a few details before I start the story-telling session. Taylor White lives on a freaking big compound and we arrived here at sunset which apparently was perfect for the view.

We were chased by a couple of Dobermans; we managed to scale the high iron-wrought gate, as well as activate the alarm system to the sprinklers and fountains. So for short, we were all badly bruised and scratched, and were all about to accumulate hypothermia, courtesy of none other than. Mia Lizowksi.

 She was the first one to suggest that we try scaling the gate. She was also the one who suggested to open up this small shack which released the dogs, and she was also the one who pushed the red button without consulting us first.

Yes, I know such an adorable friend right?

“Keep quiet!” I whispered quite annoyed.

Everyone was following my command except for one person.

Mia.

I glared at her, and this glare was my ultra-mega-special-death-defying-glare!

She saw my look and quickly clamped her mouth shut.

Good decision biscotchi!

“So what’s your plan now?” Justine asked curiously.

I began tapping my foot on the pavement thinking hard.

“We need to get inside Taylor’s room!” I exclaimed.

“And why’s that?” Mia asked.

Margaux rolled her eyes.

“ I thought you were the detective, what do you think?”

Mia became flustered and began sweating out.

“Ugh, umm, I think…” she began to say.

Margaux smirked.

“I CAN’T THINK OF ANYTHING!” she outraged at the top of her lungs.

Effing biscotchi!

I face-palmed myself.

“You might’ve as well announced that we’re here!” Violet scolded.

“I’ve heard voices here!” shouted a deep voice from behind.

We all glanced at each other uncertainly.

“Run!” shouted Ashley.

We ran like marathoners unto the gate. It was more of like a 5-kilometer run and halfway through it, our chubby (or perhaps pregnant friend) staggered and began aching for help.

Everyone halted and came back for Anastasia who was now sprawled on the pavement.

How cliché is this? I mean we were being chased and eventually someone trips or falls and we need to comeback for her?

“Do we need to help her?” Mia asked a bit confused.

Ashley rolled her eyes, “Duh!”

“What’s wrong?” asked Chartreuse.

Anastasia exhaled.

“I think I might not fit into running anymore?”

Justine and I stared at each other.

I nodded reluctantly and we grabbed Anastasia and we both carried her drunk-man style with one arm draped over my shoulder and the other one on Justine’s.