Chapter 8: I'm in Heaven

Chapter 8: I’m in Heaven 

“Okay, Jace…scoot a little bit at the left, left…No! You’re heading right! I said left!” exclaimed my Mother as she snapped yet another shot of me and Taylor in front of the mantle.

I sighed a bit irritated yet I decided to oblige and just play along seeing how happy my Mother was.

That melted your hearts right? I mean how sweet and perfect kind of son Jace is?

“Ehmagawd! Is this for real?” squealed my sister Athena as she came inside the Living room.

“I know sweetie! It’s like a miracle,” cooed my Mother.

“Hera dear, I guess it’s time we let the kids go to the dance,” Taylor’s Mother stated despite of the fact that she was still holding her camera, obviously still taking pictures.

“I know Elena!” replied my Mom as they both high-fived each other and each gave out a hearty-laugh.

My dad cleared his throat.

“I guess the Mothers should let the teenagers go?” He said with this smile pasted on his face.

Good job dad! You finally realized your son’s not gay.

Taylor White by the way was now comfortably linking her arm around mine, and she smelled really good actually.

She was dressed in this white gown created by Coco herself, and got her haired styled by this supposedly famous European hair expert.

“Ready to go?” I asked her.

“Ready as I’ll ever be,” she replied with a sweet smile.

We slowly made our way out unto the waiting limo complete with a chauffeur and managed not to be blinded with the ongoing camera flashes in the background.

The drive from my house unto Hotel Richmond (where the dance would be held, duh were not going to have sex or anything) was silent. Aside from the small talks we tried like “Have you auditioned for the Math Olympiad”, or perhaps “That essay you handed in was awesome,” there wasn’t any conversation happening.

And I know, how geekish do we sound right?

“So why did you ask me out,” Taylor asked earnestly.

For a moment I was a bit stunned, yet somewhat expecting this already, I gathered up my thoughts and decided to answer honestly (somehow).

“I don’t know really, I just thought maybe we could try to be friends,” I stated as a matter of fact.

She smiled at me sincerely, “Friends? Sure,”

After that, the tension was lifted from the heavy atmosphere inside the car.

 For the rest of the drive we were actually laughing and telling jokes with one another

Taylor White’s not pretty bad at all I thought to myself.

“Sir we’re here,” announced the chauffeur as we halted in front of the Hotel.

I sighed and looked at Taylor as she took out this white Venetian mask out of her clutch.

Masks I know I have one----- Wait.

Where’s my mask?

I face-palmed myself.

God, of all the things I could possibly forget. I had forgotten about my mask.

“Jace is there something wrong?” asked Taylor curiously.